Tottenham Hotspur Financials - Year to 30 June 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What value would you have put on Skriniar and Dias?

In the summer I think the 45m-50m price would have fair for Skriniar. I wouldn't have paid it because I don't rate him but if you do, and Spurs clearly did, that is a fair price. He is worth more now than he was then.

Ruben Dias I think went or 50-60m which seems fair as well.

Looking at what guys like Laporte, Stones, Militao, Maguire, De Ligt all went for and factoring in increased prices for it being a few years later and that is what you pay to get top level CB's.

I forgot how easy it is to expose people's bullshit on here :

New stadium hasn't enabled us to spend more.
We spend more.
No, no, no, what I'm saying is we didn't sign good players.

The new stadium has held "many" events all ready.
How many? Haven't a clue, I made it up.

:harrylol:

You just made up what was said in the argument.

Is that how you think you expose things?

In the summer I think the 45m-50m price would have fair for Skriniar. I wouldn't have paid it because I don't rate him but if you do, and Spurs clearly did, that is a fair price. He is worth more now than he was then.

Ruben Dias I think went or 50-60m which seems fair as well.

Looking at what guys like Laporte, Stones, Militao, Maguire, De Ligt all went for and factoring in increased prices for it being a few years later and that is what you pay to get top level CB's.
Ok, now we're getting somewhere.
You wouldn't of paid the @45-50m for Skriniar but expect Spurs to.
Surely you can see the contradiction there.

Dias at 50 - 60m seems a great price considering how he's playing.
I'm not sure if that's hindsight though.
I'm in no position to judge as I hadn't seen him before city

Ok, now we're getting somewhere.
You wouldn't of paid the @45-50m for Skriniar but expect Spurs to.
Surely you can see the contradiction there.

Dias at 50 - 60m seems a great price considering how he's playing.
I'm not sure if that's hindsight though.
I'm in no position to judge as I hadn't seen him before city

I wouldn't have paid it because I don't rate him, they do. Surely you can see the difference here.

Dias was highly rated before he went to City.

And if the prices were too high I am sure you can show the evidence that the players were overpriced. I have posted the quoted prices for the Skriniar deal with Spurs and nowhere are people saying it was a ridiculous price.

Nope, not made up.

Just one example

Yes I didn't have the number of events so instead of lying I said that I didn't know.

Never once did I say "made it up" like you claimed in your post.

So thanks for supporting my point again.

It would have just been easier to say you were wrong but I appreciate you showing that you were wrong.

Yes I didn't have the number of events so instead of lying I said that I didn't know.

Never once did I say "made it up" like you claimed in your post.

So thanks for supporting my point again.

It would have just been easier to say you were wrong but I appreciate you showing that you were wrong.
So you didn't know how many events were held but you "knew" there were "many".

There have been no spectator events since the Covid crisis last year.
Contrary to your claims, there have been no NFL, no boxing, nothing in that time.

Previous to that, there have been only 2 NFL games held.
No other spectator events.
I don't think anyone can claim that 2 events are "many".

So you either made it up, or guessed.
Either way it would of been a lot quicker if you admitted that you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

So you didn't know how many events were held but you "knew" there were "many".

There have been no spectator events since the Covid crisis last year.
Contrary to your claims, there have been no NFL, no boxing, nothing in that time.

Previous to that, there have been only 2 NFL games held.
No other spectator events.
I don't think anyone can claim that 2 events are "many".

So you either made it up, or guessed.
Either way it would of been a lot quicker if you admitted that you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Many is a commonly used phrase not sure why you are trying so hard to make this into some kind of lie, well I know why you are it is to distract from how wrong you have been.

I never claimed there were events since Covid started so not sure the relevance in bring that up.

I knew there were the football games held there and plans for other events as well. If I was wrong on the other events being held I sincerely apologize. It was a mistake.

It doesn't change the ridiculous post you made about refuting things when what you wrote was still completely made up.

I wouldn't have paid it because I don't rate him, they do. Surely you can see the difference here.

Dias was highly rated before he went to City.

And if the prices were too high I am sure you can show the evidence that the players were overpriced. I have posted the quoted prices for the Skriniar deal with Spurs and nowhere are people saying it was a ridiculous price.

You don't seem to grasp even the basics of football economics .... post after post of what amounts to just a part of the process.

The issue with transfers is not just the player's price, sure that's part of it but only a relatively small part ... 10m plus or minus isn't that important, wages, resale, marketing value all just as important if not more so.

Take Dias .... so he was for sale at 60m - over 5 years you amortise that at 12m a year - on top of that you have to pay his salary at City that's 120k a week so another 6m a year, thus your outlay for Dias is 18m a year .... pay 10m more or 10m less that moves his annual cost between 16m and 20m a year.

Because Dias is just 24 you could hope (but not show in the books) that in 4 years time Dias will have a sale value of 50-60m .... in fact that would now look way under valued.

The issue for Levy isn't because he's to tight to pay 60m - or did you miss the Ndombele signing? - the issue for Levy, and thus Spurs, would be paying a 24 year old 6m plus bonuses a year destroys our wages structure ...

City spend nearly 100m more on salaries than Spurs do ... if you want to call Levy 'tight' then it's his control of the salary budget that has held us back, you should note that despite what the morons like Joan post about no investment, the salary budget increase at Spurs in the last three years has seen the highest percentage in the EPL, sure from a low base but still real evidence of our increased stadium revenue being invested into the team.

So try and understand that the headline media transfer number - whilst it makes good click-bait - only forms a part of the cost of players. Where we need to, and now are, catching up is the amount we spend on salaries, COVID has slowed down all clubs plans once that passes we will be one of the best placed clubs to take advantage ...

FYI - A bond conversion has brought in an additional 250m of funds, this will primarily be used to repay the BoE loan and cover the cash shortfall 2020/21 - what it will also do is ensure that our new manager will have funds to keep/strengthen the squad ... that's at time when others will be cutting their's by 20% ... the future is looking good .... even if you can't understand why.

You don't seem to grasp even the basics of football economics .... post after post of what amounts to just a part of the process.

The issue with transfers is not just the player's price, sure that's part of it but only a relatively small part ... 10m plus or minus isn't that important, wages, resale, marketing value all just as important if not more so.

Take Dias .... so he was for sale at 60m - over 5 years you amortise that at 12m a year - on top of that you have to pay his salary at City that's 120k a week so another 6m a year, thus your outlay for Dias is 18m a year .... pay 10m more or 10m less that moves his annual cost between 16m and 20m a year.

Because Dias is just 24 you could hope (but not show in the books) that in 4 years time Dias will have a sale value of 50-60m .... in fact that would now look way under valued.

The issue for Levy isn't because he's to tight to pay 60m - or did you miss the Ndombele signing? - the issue for Levy, and thus Spurs, would be paying a 24 year old 6m plus bonuses a year destroys our wages structure ...

City spend nearly 100m more on salaries than Spurs do ... if you want to call Levy 'tight' then it's his control of the salary budget that has held us back, you should note that despite what the morons like Joan post about no investment, the salary budget increase at Spurs in the last three years has seen the highest percentage in the EPL, sure from a low base but still real evidence of our increased stadium revenue being invested into the team.

So try and understand that the headline media transfer number - whilst it makes good click-bait - only forms a part of the cost of players. Where we need to, and now are, catching up is the amount we spend on salaries, COVID has slowed down all clubs plans once that passes we will be one of the best placed clubs to take advantage ...

FYI - A bond conversion has brought in an additional 250m of funds, this will primarily be used to repay the BoE loan and cover the cash shortfall 2020/21 - what it will also do is ensure that our new manager will have funds to keep/strengthen the squad ... that's at time when others will be cutting their's by 20% ... the future is looking good .... even if you can't understand why.

LOL

Do you think posting a block of crap makes it any less bullshit just because there is a lot of it?

I like how your defense of Levy not being cheap is that he is cheap when it comes to wage structure and won't pay what other teams pay. That isn't a defense it is another sign that Levy is too cheap to pay market value for players.

And I am sure that Ndombele's wage is fine with everyone, but Dias would have upset the whole apple cart. "How dare the best CB in the PL make more than me! Screw you Levy"

LOL

I just wish that all the Levy defenders would come out and say that they don't think we are a big club so Levy shouldn't be expected to act like the owner of a big club. Basically all their pathetic excuses for him that aren't flat out lies come down to we can't expect to compete with teams like Woolwich, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Leicester, United, Everton. Those teams have too much money and can spend more on salaries and transfer than we can.

At least then I could at least somewhat respect your defense of him. It would still be crap but constantly trying to spin it like Levy is doing the best he can with poor little Tottenham is pathetic.

Let's see how that money is spent. He has yet to have a single window where he didn't control the spending and make decisions based on money not football but I am sure you are right and this time will be the first time for it! I mean 40th time is the charm right?

What is that saying fool me once shame on me, fool me 40 times Levy is a football god? I think that is how it goes.

LOL

Do you think posting a block of crap makes it any less bullshit just because there is a lot of it?

I like how your defense of Levy not being cheap is that he is cheap when it comes to wage structure and won't pay what other teams pay. That isn't a defense it is another sign that Levy is too cheap to pay market value for players.

And I am sure that Ndombele's wage is fine with everyone, but Dias would have upset the whole apple cart. "How dare the best CB in the PL make more than me! Screw you Levy"

LOL

I just wish that all the Levy defenders would come out and say that they don't think we are a big club so Levy shouldn't be expected to act like the owner of a big club. Basically all their pathetic excuses for him that aren't flat out lies come down to we can't expect to compete with teams like Woolwich, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Leicester, United, Everton. Those teams have too much money and can spend more on salaries and transfer than we can.

At least then I could at least somewhat respect your defense of him. It would still be crap but constantly trying to spin it like Levy is doing the best he can with poor little Tottenham is pathetic.

Let's see how that money is spent. He has yet to have a single window where he didn't control the spending and make decisions based on money not football but I am sure you are right and this time will be the first time for it! I mean 40th time is the charm right?

What is that saying fool me once shame on me, fool me 40 times Levy is a football god? I think that is how it goes.
A post that neatly proves how clueless you are ...

"Pay structures don't matter - We are as rich as Utd, City, Chelsea"

You are an idiot but at least you don't hide it, well played

Last edited:

Way too much sense for that pleb Igula Igula to comprehend. I wouldn't bother.

A post that neatly proves how clueless you are ...

Pay structures don't matter - We are as rich as Utd, City, Chelsea

You are an idiot but at least you don't hide it, well played

Where did I say we are as rich as Chelsea, City and United?

Many is a commonly used phrase not sure why you are trying so hard to make this into some kind of lie, well I know why you are it is to distract from how wrong you have been.

I never claimed there were events since Covid started so not sure the relevance in bring that up.

I knew there were the football games held there and plans for other events as well. If I was wrong on the other events being held I sincerely apologize. It was a mistake.

It doesn't change the ridiculous post you made about refuting things when what you wrote was still completely made up.
What a load of old bollocks.

You claimed there were "many" events held and tried to use that as evidence for your ridiculous theory that the new stadium won't enable us to spend more.

Now you come out with the pitiful "many is a commonly used phrase". As if it has ever been used for a thing happening twice.

You have admitted making a mistake on this, which is something.

What a load of old bollocks.

You claimed there were "many" events held and tried to use that as evidence for your ridiculous theory that the new stadium won't enable us to spend more.

Now you come out with the pitiful "many is a commonly used phrase". As if it has ever been used for a thing happening twice.

You have admitted making a mistake on this, which is something.

No the evidence that the new stadium won't allow us to change the way we handle transfers is the fact that Levy has not changed the way he handles transfers since having the new stadium. That is the evidence that I used for my factual statement.

Back
Top Bottom