Tottenham Hotspur V AC Milan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our youth players are pretty fucking good to be honest. I was talking about this with my mates who support other teams and I realized 'are we gonna spend 10 plus million on players unproven or give the youth a try?'. Why not give the players we have a try. Of course we will need a few strikers but thinking about it the youth players we have are immense. My mates agreed, who watched the game, we should be thankful that in most cases we have good players who cost next to nothing, Trippier especially. Excited about the future whether or not this season we get top 4 (which obviously we won't). I have said this before but our long term situation looks pretty amazing. We want it all right now and I get that but we are well placed for a highly successful yet sustainable future.

And yes i have just come back from the pub...

Anyone think that the Dier experiment would have been better suited to Jan?

I imagine it'd be better suited to Alderweireld who played well there for Southampton. I think we just need to buy a midfielder capable of putting in a tackle but more well rounded than just a defense minded midfielder.

I imagine it'd be better suited to Alderweireld who played well there for Southampton. I think we just need to buy a midfielder capable of putting in a tackle but more well rounded than just a defense minded midfielder.
Exactly why use any of them? I think Poch was just seeing whether Dier could play that position now we have have back up in defense not whether he will play him there.

Exactly why use any of them? I think Poch was just seeing whether Dier could play that position now we have have back up in defense not whether he will play him there.
I think that too. Dier is the youngest, played the position previously and has tools that can make him useful in that position. I'm not going to base his future off of pre-season. Bentaleb has looked dreadful in pre-season and he actually plays midfield!

I think that too. Dier is the youngest, played the position previously and has tools that can make him useful in that position. I'm not going to base his future off of pre-season. Bentaleb has looked dreadful in pre-season and he actually plays midfield!
It is awkward because you agreed with me and now I disagree with you. :pochbye:Bentaleb looked good to me but then again on my streams I could not see anything. He even looks a bit buffer.

Bentaleb has looked dreadful in pre-season and he actually plays midfield!

I've seen him working on something essential: No look passing. In the past that is something that drove me crazy. Like Hudd winding up, body shape all obvious about what he is about to do. The defense is already moving. Daws, Townsend, Paulinho...They all loves a good wind up and a flourish for the cameras.

Bentaleb in preseason has been taking a lot of risks. And that is the platform to do it. If we can disguise more of our passing, that will be a huge hole in our game filled.

He has been working hard on instant give and go's and no look passing. I like it. Hopefully the howls of anguish if anyone dares miss a pass at the Lane don't hamper people trying to be a bit more VDV. He didn't give a fuck if he missed a pass. He would always attempt something positive.

I've seen him working on something essential: No look passing. In the past that is something that drove me crazy. Like Hudd winding up, body shape all obvious about what he is about to do. The defense is already moving. Daws, Townsend, Paulinho...They all loves a good wind up and a flourish for the cameras.

Bentaleb in preseason has been taking a lot of risks. And that is the platform to do it. If we can disguise more of our passing, that will be a huge hole in our game filled.

He has been working hard on instant give and go's and no look passing. I like it. Hopefully the howls of anguish if anyone dares miss a pass at the Lane don't hamper people trying to be a bit more VDV. He didn't give a fuck if he missed a pass. He would always attempt something positive.

You're not wrong in that it's the right platform to try it. I'd like to see Bentaleb further forward as I feel he is better suited up the field. He is more creative then what he ever gets credit for. Lets just hope he continues to improve at the pace he did last season, because we'd have one hell of a player.

His first game back from injury and you post this shite? Fuck off you stinking ogre.
Most people who know about football, or who have played football, will say he's a decent player.
Nobody commented on that pass he did with the outside of his foot with back spin on it early after he came on.
I think it was to Onomah and it was fucking lovely.
Mason ain't that bad. He ain't world class but then we ain't a world class team are we.
It's also weird that we look a much quicker team with more movement when the 2nd string plays.

Edit. I actually agreed with you Cretinous and replied to your reply to the OP. In case you were wondering.

Last edited:
Did anyone actually believe we would beat Real Madrid? The Tournament was set out for a Bayern/Madrid final.
We didn't do that bad. Their goals were not brilliant and we gave them two helping hands for one of them.
The only thing was the lack of movement and imagination final third against another organised team. If we would have taken our chances it could have been a different game. Lamela was unlucky as he just had to stretch for it and Eriksen really should have hit the target with the time he had. Onomah had a chance too. But still...It would have been interesting to see Tripper, Alli, Carroll, Onomah, Winks play against them because they provide much more movement and quick one touch football.
The kind of stuff needed to break down teams like that.
I think Onomah, Alli & winks are ready. Trippier needs to start.
If the 2nd goal would have been scored with a corner by Bale and Ronaldo a pass from Carvajal and a finish by Bale everyone would have creamed themselves
If the first would have been from Rodriguez or Isco, the same.
Now I didn't watch the final so didn't see Lewandoski's goal.
But having seen the other goals i the tournament I'd say our goals were the best. The 2nd maybe the pick of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom