Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele needs to be benched. Was poor today and has been for a long while..

My team would be -
Hugo
Trippier Toby Vertonghen Rose
Sanchez Dier
Moura Wanyama Eriksen
Llorente​
No way will Dele get benched......

Do you think that team is capable of getting a result against Ajax?

We're running on fumes....... Is there ANY chance that any of Lamela Sissoko or Winks will be fit or are they all definitely out?

It's so unlucky that we finally make a Champions league semi final and we're going to be without

Kane, Son, Lamela, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier and possibly Vertonghen.

Everyone is going to have to be at their very best and give 110 percent.

Yes I do.

We're running on fumes....... Is there ANY chance that any of Lamela Sissoko or Winks will be fit or are they all definitely out?

The latest (yesterday) from Poch -

On Sissoko’s groin: “Maybe for the next two weeks, we hope he can recover before, but I am not so optimistic.”

On Wink’s groin: “We don’t know, it is a problem that is one day very good, next day not very good, it is about assessing each day. We hope he will be available for Tuesday but we are not sure.”

Yes I do.

The latest (yesterday) from Poch -

On Sissoko’s groin: “Maybe for the next two weeks, we hope he can recover before, but I am not so optimistic.”

On Wink’s groin: “We don’t know, it is a problem that is one day very good, next day not very good, it is about assessing each day. We hope he will be available for Tuesday but we are not sure.”
So Sissoko definitely out and Winks might sneak in.

Come on Winks!! Get some magic crystals or something!!

Sissoko and Winks probably 50/50. I think one or both will play. Lamela definitely out, probably probably for the season.

The injury situation this season has been horrific.

Would be interesting to know whether it's just bad luck or perhaps something to do with training - too much intensity perhaps?

Absolutely I do. We won’t see a performance like today’s. Everyone had half an eye on Tuesday. Not acceptable for sure, but understandable.
Would you take a 0 0 if offered now, knowing that for the second leg there's a chance that we may have Son, Sissoko, Winks and Lamela available?

I'll take anything with a clean sheet on Tuesday - get the clean sheet and I'm confident we can pull it off in the second leg.

It should be the number 1 priority

Would you take a 0 0 if offered now, knowing that for the second leg there's a chance that we may have Son, Sissoko, Winks and Lamela available?

I'll take anything with a clean sheet on Tuesday - get the clean sheet and I'm confident we can pull it off in the second leg.

100%

I would take that result, but I think it would be a fool's errand to set up playing for a 0-0 against this Ajax side.

No Winks.............

Not all bad then.....

Jan will be back....... Sissoko has a slim chance of playing but Winks is definitely out.

Best part of conference was that he said Kane could possibly make the final if we managed to get there......

#doitforharry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom