Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The players at his disposal aren't all that.

Perhaps not, but way shitter players than that bunch have been well organized and tough to break down under good management.

The football isn't as dreary as we might have expected under Mourinho, but the defensive solidity is also nothing like what he's been able to produce immediately at other stops.

It still very much feels like a stepfather situation. I'm waiting for the signature Mourinho performance. Wolves kinda, I guess, but it wasn't a clean sheet and the result probably flattered us.

Perhaps not, but way shitter players than that bunch have been well organized and tough to break down under good management.

The football isn't as dreary as we might have expected under Mourinho, but the defensive solidity is also nothing like what he's been able to produce immediately at other stops.

It still very much feels like a stepfather situation. I'm waiting for the signature Mourinho performance. Wolves kinda, I guess, but it wasn't a clean sheet and the result probably flattered us.
Man City was an absolute classic shithouse smash n' grab

True, but we were awful in that game.

Vintage Mourinho ball is about stymieing and frustrating great opposition in to making mistakes and being deadly at pouncing on them.
Jose’s a massive pragmatist: if your defence suck, then - to win- you have to focus on scoring. That’s why the football has been pretty ugly- just thump it to the front line and let them try for goal. I know that’s what happens in all football - but more so if your team can’t hold the ball in MF (or pass, as it seemed to be today).
Without a - mobile- midfield, it’s the only choice available. Should be better without the injuries and a fully fit N’Dombele. More like a proper Jose team when he has a MF.

3MxaK27PJLaXK4BPS6cYsTRjDeugPZ6hBFhDbo4UHBZxTLR

Back
Top Bottom