Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazza is not better then lloris. Agree we need another keeper but that mistake against Chelsea and another against Southampton. Lloris the less shitter of the two.

No mate I think Gazza is now a better option. All goalkeepers make mistakes- after all Lloris was injured after a horrific clanger against Brighton which certainly wasn’t his first howler of the season. But Lloris looked like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights today with no presence whatsoever. He should have come for both crosses that led to Villa’s goals and appears more and more glued to his line. I am not saying Gazza is great but at least he has a bit of time to get better and become more rounded as he isn’t that experienced and perhaps with good coaching he will develop. Lloris is in decline

Last edited:
Da fuq, might have to start a weird Winks celebration photo collection...
EQ6Sl8tW4AEc_jt

No mate he isn’t. All goalkeepers make mistakes- after all Lloris was injured after a horrific clanger against Brighton which certainly wasn’t his first howler of the season. But Lloris looked like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights today with no presence whatsoever. He should have come for both crosses and appears glued to his line. I am not saying Gazza is great but at least he has a bit of time to get better and become more rounded as he isn’t that experienced and perhaps with good coaching he will develop. Lloris is in decline
If both are fit, Lloris plays........

Having him between the sticks is the single most important thing for us during the run in.

Gazza is back up, and when Lloris leaves or retires, we'll get another number 1 in.

Dug in very well to get the win, defensively very poor at times. On another day Son and Dele could have had hat tricks - even more in Son’s case, but he followed up the rebound at the penalty and produced a cool run and finish for the winner right at the death. At times, Son, Dele and Moura showed really poor decision making in the final third, but at least chances are being created, more worrying if Spurs are creating little or nothing.
Excellent finish by TA after his defensive frailties so respect to the big guy.
Looking for a Man Utd win tomorrow, even a draw wouldn’t be too bad. A Newcastle win this afternoon wouldn’t go amiss either obviously.

Last edited:
If both are fit, Lloris plays........

Having him between the sticks is the single most important thing for us during the run in.

Gazza is back up, and when Lloris leaves or retires, we'll get another number 1 in.
Lloris has been shocking in the last two games. Today a solid 2/10

Just saw this on the BBC Webshite:

Posted at 16:1516:15 << I like the time this was posted... one for all the Numerology fans!
#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)
Nick: As an Woolwich fan, I hate that I've lost count of the number of times that Son has won a game in injury time due to an opponent's mistake. Galling.

Nick clearly doesn't remember the amount of times ArseAnal scored at 'cunt o'clock' for nigh on TWO FUCKING DECADES in the '90s/2000's!
Fairweather 'Johnny-come-lately-short-memory-prick!

But Toby was blameless? First goal lloris could come out or he could clear it. Both seem to leave it for each other but neither really took control. Second goal Toby should jump first
First goal Lloris should easily claim. Second is a bit fuzzy but in my view dead center on the 6 yard line the keeper should be getting a fist to that.

Back
Top Bottom