Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's so fucking asinine that a goalkeeper can absolutely batter a striker after the ball has left his foot and it's perfectly fine. So many players get injured that way and nobody pays attention to it.

Tim Sherwood: "It looks like an ankle injury. Definitely lower limb"

5pkZ2X.gif

Bournemouth came out the blocks very quickly which caught us out, good tactics from them but we started to find our feet and adjusted,

Hopefully we will be ready for the same start this half. Weather an early storm and let our quality see us to a nice win.

Hope Kane is ok. Three times on that ankle now but each time it's just bad luck, going for the ball and getting there before the opposition and getting it trapped. Didn't look as bad as the last two times. Hopefully fine.

We've been better with Lamela, finally matching their pressing and aggression. We should go on to win it, but need to work hard.
His ankle did get inverted rather nastily for a split second there, but you're right - it's been worse previously. Even then, Harry came back ridiculously quickly from the last ankle injury. I'd be hopeful that he can return in time for Chelsea but guess we'll just have to see.

Regardless of having that ankle injury previously, if you did that to anyone's ankle it's going to fucking hurt and they aren't going to finish the match.

Sounds bizarre, but I wonder if it might be 'easier' to crack Bournemouth without Kane on the pitch. Their game plan will likely have involved marking him out of the game, but with our free-flowing attack they won't have a target man to isolate.

Fingers crossed Kane’s OK. It looked like he was coming back on, but maybe they decided it wasn’t worth the risk.

Hopefully the fact that it’s the same ankle he’s injured before will actually be a good thing. I remember Bale had a similar injury twice, but the second time he was back after 4-5 days.

Hope Kane is ok. Three times on that ankle now but each time it's just bad luck, going for the ball and getting there before the opposition and getting it trapped. Didn't look as bad as the last two times. Hopefully fine.

We've been better with Lamela, finally matching their pressing and aggression. We should go on to win it, but need to work hard.
If it had to happen at all, its not a bad time for it. Apart from the cup game he's got three weeks to recover.

Why was it a foul throw
Why was it a foul when Smith was robbed.
Since all that media attention Dean got for being spurs he’s gone out of his way to prove he isn’t.
Same with Woolwich away.
Also because someone gave 3 foul throws against Aurier, doesn’t mean you pull him up all the time.
The last one in the first 3 was ok too. Hands behind head, both feet on the floor and not over the line.
They seem to forget that it’s also a foul throw if you take the throw from the wrong place.
Most of them do .
I’ve seen many foul throws.
So let’s be consistent and not pick on one player.
Also I’d like a bit more scrutiny on their goal. It looked like handball when I saw it at first
But I couldn’t see if it was becuase they never made anything of it.
The one he missed was offside and the linesman was nowhere near able to make a decision.

Okay Kane is injured but any failure to cover his likely absence is ours.

If it now means Llorente then so be it but next season we need a 3rd striker.

Good, strong recovery from us. Just need to concentrate.

Howe would take a draw and so would I but if we can grab the win we can put pressure on Chelsea and Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom