Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not going to debate whether our last match was worse than the Brighton one earlier because they were both so bad. The team that played against Brighton
  • 1LlorisSubstituted forGazzanigaat 8'minutes
  • 17Sissoko
  • 4Alderweireld
  • 5Vertonghen
  • 33Davies
  • 28NdombeleSubstituted forWinksat 45'minutes
  • 15DierBooked at 55mins
  • 11Lamela
  • 23Eriksen
  • 7Son Heung-MinSubstituted forLucas Mouraat 73'minutes
    Well 4 starters are definitely out Lloris, Davies, Lamela and Son and I doubt Eriksen will start.
Only Son is definitely out from yesterdays team. Not sure why Jan was subbed? injury? No mention he is out but often they keep things like this quiet and then he does not play for weeks. On assumption he is ok then I see few changes from yesterday as that seems to be the Jose way. Will Sess come in as a straight replacement for Son? makes sense as we are at Home. Will Foyth play and if so at RB or CB? Will Moura keep his place?
The big question is CM where Ndombele must play but who with? Dier, Sissoko or Winks? anyone's guess.

I think Ndombele will start with Sissoko moving forward. Sess or Lo Celso must get on in 2nd half as he will make changes for Saturday as only 48 hours in between.

Either why there must be a reaction to the 2 results and performances and a clear victory must be achieved.

Now all of a sudden Potter is a better coach than Mourinho? You know it's Graham, not Harry?
Graham Potter is a good manager. Better than Houghton IMO.

At the moment he plays a style that Mourinho isn't and frankly the players don't know how to execute the gameplan he has chalked up. We are not playing to the strengths of the players we have.

It hurts me to see players who we have all seen play good football now regressed into a lower division team playing direct football. If we play long ball against Brighton, players like Dunk and Burns will gobble that up for breakfast.

-------------Gazza--------------
----- Alde Sanchez Verts-----
Foyth Sissoko Winks Sess
--------- N'dom Dele----------
------------Kane--------------

Last edited:
Gazza over Vorm for me, i remember Vorm making lots of mistakes as well, and at least Gazza has decent distribution

Vorm is also another GK who has shown his limits (cup semi against Manure anyone?) so I see no point in changing our keeper.

Buying a world class keeper in the summer is a must however.

I am a big supporter of Jose, but he needs to change a lot of things about this line up. I think it’s time to play 433 with Lo Celso and N’dombele either side of Skipp. I want Dier to succeed, I get the feeling some Spurs fans get satisfaction from him misplacing a pass so they can say I told you he’s not good enough, but unfortunately it looks like they are right. I know Aurier has been decent for the majority of Jose’s tenure but I would like to see Foyth played there if possible. Sessegnon to start as well. That said whatever the line up I think Jose will have us beating the lesser sides pretty much routinely anyway, so I expect a win.

3-0 Spurs (no defensive mistakes)

Brighton tore our defense apart using a 19 year old Academy player on his first full senior debut , it was embarrassing how he managed to completely destroy the defense , Connolly didn't start Brighton's game v Sheffield Utd last time out but now fully fit again apparently , Spurs should win comfortably but i wouldn't bet on it right now , simply can't be as dire as last time at Brighton .
From memory Aaron Mooy seemed to open us up at will.

I have a feeling Mourinho will play Sessingnon for Son. Set up like this we will beat Brighton. Whether Jose can bare to live without one of his Portuguese speakers....cant see it.

Gazzaniga
Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
N'dombele winks Sissoko
Dele Kane Sessingnon

Back
Top Bottom