Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (7/12/19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We win, score five, concede none and this thread is only 52 pages, why? Because once you get pass the pre match 'brains-trust' telling us Son and Lucas don't press, Kane should be dropped, Dier and Moussa can't play football and you get into the match itself our resident super fans (we all know who you are) had absolutely nothing to whine and whinge about ... page after page of pure joy and celebration ... what a pleasant change.

We won a game 5-0 with less than 50% possession, it's the same players but a massive tactical change from the Poch era ... Poch was very good but he wasn't Jose good, you don't win >20 trophies by being a bad manager let's hope he once again proves that.

Last edited:
Not sure if the following have been bigged up already (I've seen the praise for Dier, Moura and Jan, well deserved, Kane and Sonny's goes without saying) but I thought Sissoko and Toby were also outstanding today.

Even those who weren't "stellar" today - Dele, Serge, Davinson, Gazza (who had precious little to do) - all deserve our love too.

In short, YIDS
I thought Davidson was quite good, actually. Blocked that Wood chance early, very good at “simple” defending, which is what Jose wants from him. He’s looked quite good the last 5 matches.

Maybe not “steller” as you say but improving under Jose for sure.

GOAT

source.gif

“The point about football in Britain is that it is not just a sport people take to, like cricket or tennis or running long distances. It is inherent in the people. It is built into the urban psyche. It is not a phenomenon; it is an everyday matter. There is more eccentricity in deliberately disregarding it than in devoting a life to it. Its sudden withdrawal from the people would bring deeper disconsolation than to deprive them of television. The way we play the game, organise it and reward it reflects the kind of community we are."

Arthur Hopcraft - 1968

Last edited:
Not sure if the following have been bigged up already (I've seen the praise for Dier, Moura and Jan, well deserved, Kane and Sonny's goes without saying) but I thought Sissoko and Toby were also outstanding today.

Even those who weren't "stellar" today - Dele, Serge, Davinson, Gazza (who had precious little to do) - all deserve our love too.

In short, YIDS

Back
Top Bottom