Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such a typical performance really. Had a banana skin written all over it.

We do well until people talking about the title race, does my head in. The players got bullied today.

Was it Mike Dean that was accused of being a Spurs fan? He's done his best this season to disprove that.

But he alone wasn't at fault today. A piss-poor performance. Sissoko played like it was 2016, Aurier was bad, Son was terrible, the others, bar Kane, were just not good. Still, we could've had it, until Poch changed from three CBs and let them back into the game.
I absolutely echo thus

But don't undermine the Mike Dean factor - happy to dish yellows to us but waited until late to book them - they fouled the fuck out of our players, got corners that weren't there... He seriously needs to be dropped to championship because I don't believe in a grudge, but I do believe he is shit at this level

Well, I've been saying for ages we didn't miss Kane. Having him in today really slowed us down. I know he got the goal but at the expense of our counter attacks and Son was totally nullified with hardly any space. Just poor all round. Sissoko had a shocker today too.

Not sure what to say about that performance other than fucking shit. And I really can't stand Dyche and his style of football. Just an embarrassment to the PL and even more so that we couldn't beat them. No intensity, always the way after a break it seems and indeed us being mentioned in the title race :sherwoodwtf:.

Not the best way to begin the enormity of the next 2 weeks is it.

Hopefully we bounce back and do it immediately.

Pochettino ripping into Mike Dean. He knows he's a fraud.

A sidenote too many players didn't turn up today. Woeful finishing, turgid, a big shame but the boys have to move on
Many of them probably thinking ahead to Chelsea. Usually happens when we have a big game coming up. So we end up not taking the opponent seriously and this happens. The Wolves loss was before a big game right?

Well fuck. Guess we'll just settle for only the Champions League

I would not be counting any chickens on that front mate. Imagine losing at Chelsea, City and Liverpool and then it’s going to be very close to qualify for top 4.

I feel like we just lost to the 1980’s.

I also feel our team did not really do enough today. Yes, Mike Dean was shambolic but we got a bit bullied at times.

Back
Top Bottom