Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not even that surprised really. After beating Dortmund 3-0, long break to rest, talk of winning the title, articles gushing about how amazing we are, fans getting carried away......this result was fucking coming our way, gift wrapped and clear from a million miles. We do this time and time again, we lose sight of what's in front of us because we are too busy looking up at the clouds. This is why I said I don't like getting carried away with title talk because we have days like this in us.

We can analyse the game, the individuals, the line-up, formation, subs, etc, but we just didn't have our focus today. That was the biggest issue. It was an unfamiliar situation and we were too dizzy with it. The title is gone, please for the love of god let's just forget about it, delete that fucking thread too. Our objective now is to secure top 4 and go as far in the CL as we can, which was always our real objective to be honest.
Ah I don't listen to the talk or read the articles, for me, just us being in this position ahead of Man United, Woolwich and Chelsea having not spent any money for two windows is incredible.

I would not be counting any chickens on that front mate. Imagine losing at Chelsea, City and Liverpool and then it’s going to be very close to qualify for top 4.

I feel like we just lost to the 1980’s.

I also feel our team did not really do enough today. Yes, Mike Dean was shambolic but we got a bit bullied at times.
That's why a draw & a point closer to top 4 wouldn't have been such a disaster.

I'm not even that surprised really. After beating Dortmund 3-0, long break to rest, talk of winning the title, articles gushing about how amazing we are, fans getting carried away......this result was fucking coming our way, gift wrapped and clear from a million miles. We do this time and time again, we lose sight of what's in front of us because we are too busy looking up at the clouds. This is why I said I don't like getting carried away with title talk because we have days like this in us.

We can analyse the game, the individuals, the line-up, formation, subs, etc, but we just didn't have our focus today. That was the biggest issue. It was an unfamiliar situation and we were too dizzy with it. The title is gone, please for the love of god let's just forget about it, delete that fucking thread too. Our objective now is to secure top 4 and go as far in the CL as we can, which was always our real objective to be honest.
Sums up my thoughts entirely

Before today:

- Hadn't dropped points away from home since 2nd December.
- Played 14 games against lower table teams and won all 14.
- Hadn't lost to Burnley since 2010.

Disappointing.

The chance was there, wouldn't have had a better chance to chase down the pack on a weekend where City don't play and Liverpool are away at Old Trafford.

It wasn't the pitch, ref, sun, pitch, fans, shape of ball etc. We were simply awful.

Strange team selection in that our right flank consisted of Foyth(awful), Aurier (surely no future), Sissoko (equalling his worst of a couple of seasons ago). What does KWP have to do to merit a start?

Add to that the anonymity of Eriksen, Son, Winks. Rose tried hard but was average. Kane rusty, but scored so gets a pass. The rest were average to poor.

The second goal amounted to Aurier (instead of clearing it) putting it back into our danger area and then Eriksen (I think) waving his foot at the attacker in the attempt at a tackle.

Once again it shows our lack of an on-field leader in the mould of Keane, Adams, Roberts who would simply not have allowed those lethargic performances. His boot would have been up Aurier pretty early on.

We need to forget about this non-performance and prepare for the Fascists.

Burnley play prehistoric football but they aren’t the only ones, and we always struggle against it, it’s something that needs to be looked at

Eriksen should never have seen past 60 minutes today, he was terrible

Onwards and upwards, all in for the European Cup

We were finally punished for playing like shit for 75% of the game. This team seriously needs to start taking these games more seriously from the first minute. Burnley went in with incredible intensity in the first 15 minutes which set the tone for the game and we never recovered.

Poch also needs to work on his subs (in case there were still people who didn't realize) because they totally ruined the team's balance and directly contributed to Barnes scoring.

You can not play vs Burnley without any real central midfielders, which is what we were doing after Winks went off. Eriksen should NEVER be playing as the deepest midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom