Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not mad at the team, but I do think Poch made a mistake in lining up Son instead of Davies at LWB. Goal #2 should never have happened- that's exactly the kind of thing that happens when you play non-defenders in defense. Son? What on earth were you thinking leaving your feet like that, man?

We might have leveled and got ahead if we didn't give away goal #2 so cheaply. But that is how it went down- the order of scoring forcing us to chase goals for far too long.

Other than that, goal #1 was down to a lapse of concentration- giving away possession cheaply and then not getting back, closing down, and rotating around. Goal #3 was a pretty poor set-piece- leaving Hazard unmarked outside the box is always gonna be a bad bet. Goal #4 was pretty similar- can't leave midfielders outside the box to hit uncontested strikes.

I think most players of ours played well today so can't be too upset about that. Definitely prefer to play defenders in defense at all times though- not sure why Poch thought we had to gamble with Son like that when Chelsea themselves line up so defensively... Ah well, on to the next one. On a positive note, I'm glad none of our players picked up a suspension- I was afraid Dembele might towards the end there.

Agreed. But also we didn't test their keeper enough when on top. Not enough shots on goal. When they bring someone like hazard on at 2-2 he always has that kind of goal in his locker. Both of their goals were long shots. We should have done this more.

When we find out how to win games when playing utter shit, we'll get there. Chelsea did that. Chelsea have been doing that for years.

We were the better team. You don't win ANYTHING by being the better team every game. As proven today. Conte left Hazard and Costa out of the starting line up and they still won. Hazard came on against tiring legs and ultimately won it.

Its gutting, its horrible that it has to happen again against Chelsea but we are getting there. You can blame the referee all you want but he didn't make a stupid slide tackle on Moses. He didn't decide to leave Hazard unmarked.

Lets go and win the league.

The only complaint with Atkinson is their repeated hack fouls should have seen someone yellowed in the 1st half to shut that down (I speak as a hockey umpire, the first lesson we get is let it flow, but keep a lid on it)

But it's another lesson. Today showed.we.nearly have the answer for questions posed in the CL at Wembley - it may have been Danny and Kyle missing, but that is going to happen in big games

Now we need to shut down Palace and send them close to Hull/Swansea, and be back and banging on Sunday, cos I sure as hell intend to lose my voice again singing for the boys when we do the Scum

Just back from the pub, in a foul mood after that shit.

Next doors kids are playing on the trampoline, screaming and shouting, and I wanna go out there and slap the little shits.

I'm best left alone until Monday now.

Evil always wins

Proud year in year out we are competing at the top, Chelsea don't forget are a bought and paid for bunch of mercenary cunts, hollow existence and sad plastic fans

Im just happy for the kid with no legs who came on the pitch, that smile on his face worth more than any trophy, fuck Chelsea

And as for that Harry Hotspur or whatever he is who said Ehiogu "snuffed it" If I ever saw him I would beat his face with a brick, utter cunt

COYS
aye, they are bought and paid. cunts the lot of em. agree with that

Don't think we should be too critical on Poch for the decision he made. On another day it could have been a completely different story. Unfortunately for us we support Spurs and it never seems to be a different story. We dominated the game but we made mistakes which Chelsea took advantage of as they have done for every time they have played bad this season.

The fucking cunting arsehole licking thing is it's never a different day against those cunts when it counts.

Absolutely heartbreaking. Seven semis now on the trot?

Let's just hope this galvanizes the team and we go on to win the remaining league games. Winning the league would take this heartbreak away.

Absolutely fucking gutted as I'm sure you all are too. Still proud of the team though. We could play that match ten times and win eight of 'em, draw once and lose once.

Now where's my whisky...

COYS

I think we all knew deep down that Rose not being fit could be pivitol and so it proved. Son made the mistake for the penalty but Davies would have been skinned all day so Poch's options were limited.

Let's make sure to win all our remaining games and put pressure on Chelsea, and that City win tomorrow and smash them in the final.

Back
Top Bottom