Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0-0 at half time.

4-3 to Spurs at full time with a sending off and penalty.

Hatrick for the Ginger Prince.

Ogilvie%20730.jpg

Fuck it, stick Cameron-Carter Vickers in the squad. I'm sure SpursLegend SpursLegend would agree with me!

Look at him! He plays U18 and he could probably kick Torres into next week!
TTYyXv6.jpg

Veljkovic was on the bench last game and he's supposedly got a tonne of potential. anyone who's seen him play reckon we could start him versus Chelsea if we have no other option?

It's almost impossible to beat the special one at home. He would have done his homework and will DESTROY us down the flanks if we keep putting out the wingers and wingbacks.

Tim Tim has to do something radical, Fryers and Rose are not good enough. He has to put Vert there or go with a back 3.

If we overload the team with Fryers, Naughtons, Rose, Soldado, Lennon and Townsend etc we will not be able to compete. Lennon and Towny explode in the final third and leave us soft down the flanks. Soldado disappears and it's like playing with 10 men. One goal vs Cardiff does not make up for how weak he makes us off the ball.

----------------Lloris------------
Walker--Daws--Kaboul--Vert
----Capoue-----The Beast-----
-Dembele---Pauly---Eriksen--
------------Adebayor-----------

Depending on how shagged Pauly is (he clearly looks like he is carrying something) Bentaleb would be a great fill in.

Our English "attacking" players will get us blown out of the water off the ball. We need to compete in every area of the pitch, and Dembele and Pauly can handle their own battles which is very important if we are to cut out the usual cross field balls that traditionally cut us apart. They can look like championship players if they become stretched so the beast and capoue will solve that problem. As bad as Pauly's finishing has been this season, it's not typical of him if you look at his history. Him, Dembele, Eriksen and Ade will be a force in the final third and have the power and ball skills to trip up big teams. Dembele has given the Utd's headaches in the past, Ade has scored against Woolwich and United for us, Eriksen scored against United...These are big game players. Pauly has disappointed but I would rather him in the final third than Lennon, Towny or Soldado who self destruct. Given less water carrying I think he can shine as an AM (same goes for Bentaleb)

Win lose or draw, if we put out that team we will give them a fucking game. They will be exhausted at the end of it, and won't be trotting off laughing because soft Spurs turned up and they put on an exhibition.

You know, I wouldn't mind losing to Chelsea if it means driving another nail into the coffin of the Gooners' 'title ambition'. Not saying we should roll over, but we must be pragmatic and choose our battles wisely at this stage of the season.

Chelsea is class and the Bridge is a fortress this season. Mou is clearly working his magic.

:avbcringe::avbmad::avbshock:

:avbfu:

All that negativity.
Yes, come join the dark side.

Idiots, theyr rocking willian on their starting line up. Remember he did medical at our place but then we descided hes not good enough so he was shipped to the cunts.
Oh.
Right. :wansum:

Has no one thought of the possibility that Fryers is fine, and has simply been withdrawn from the England u21 game as a precaution considering our lack of cover.

"write this game off" no thanks you cunts. It'll be tough and we'll probably lose but if we turn up and just let them walk all over us I'll be fuming.

Sandro an absolute must . need the steel

And let's break up this Paulinho/Dembele partnership. Both natural CMs and having both out there is completely counter-productive.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Townsend, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli, Adebayor][/formation]

I think we have to go out and try to score a goal or two. We could throw all our huge athletes on the field but ultimately you can't out Mourinho the real Mourinho. I think we should really go for it. They aren't a good attacking side and if we could score twice I can't see us not getting a point.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Townsend, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli, Adebayor][/formation]

I think we have to go out and try to score a goal or two. We could throw all our huge athletes on the field but ultimately you can't out Mourinho the real Mourinho. I think we should really go for it. They aren't a good attacking side and if we could score twice I can't see us not getting a point.

Hazard, Oscar, Schurle, Willian and co. might have something to say about that.

--------------Lloris---------------
---Kaboul Dawson Vertonghen---
Walker----------------------Townsend
-------------Sandro---------------
-------Dembele--Eriksen-------
----Soldado-----Adebayor----

Back
Top Bottom