Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure we played 2 defensive midfielders for most of last season, which resulted in us conceding the fewest amount of goals in the league and created the defensive base on which we had the confidence to go ahead and score loads of goals.

Did you watch/support a different team?

That's a bit harsh. Dembele is very good defensively, but it is unfair to cal him a defensive midfielder because he does so much more than defend. Dier and Wanyama are defensive midfielders.

Dayum! We are going for it.

That team has a lot of energy. I'm wondering if Janssen will blow his energy levels trying to keep up with Poch's closing demands? If he lasts 90 mins and maintains Eriksen, Lamela and Kane's workrate...we will have a formidable attack.

Very exciting lineup.

I'm hoping Janssen is faster than some have suggested. A big part of our lack of attack has been pace IMO so let's hope we are not crowded out/outmuscled like we were against Everton. But I've loved what I have seen from Janssen so I'm feelin it.

I'm hoping Alli is unfit rather than dropped for attitude reasons. If it is his lifestyle impacting his training etc Poch won't fuck around. But that's speculation.

I can see us scoring the further the game goes on. Even if we go behind from a set piece or a break down our wing we can dominate. It's not cut and dried with Lloris out and two new players but I have faith in our transfer policy.

I like the Kane & Janssen pairing looking forward to them playing upfront together
It's a good game to try this out. Vinny looks & plays like a tank. Could be an amazing foil for Harry & a brave decision to drop Dele. I expect to see him early in the second half once we are comfortably ahead. COYS

Playing 2 defensive midfielders at home is too negative. We will struggle to create chances. I see us going one nill down, ali coming on at the hour mark, and us getting an equaliser in the 71st minute.

A boring and frustrating afternoon lays ahead for us and the crowd at the lane
Jesus Christ you're a barrel of laughs ain't ya?

Got nothing better to do with yer afternoon till your lot kick off at Leicester at 5.30??

Dayum! We are going for it.

That team has a lot of energy. I'm wondering if Janssen will blow his energy levels trying to keep up with Poch's closing demands? If he lasts 90 mins and maintains Eriksen, Lamela and Kane's workrate...we will have a formidable attack.

Very exciting lineup.

I'm hoping Janssen is faster than some have suggested. A big part of our lack of attack has been pace IMO so let's hope we are not crowded out/outmuscled like we were against Everton. But I've loved what I have seen from Janssen so I'm feelin it.

I'm hoping Alli is unfit rather than dropped for attitude reasons. If it is his lifestyle impacting his training etc Poch won't fuck around. But that's speculation.

I can see us scoring the further the game goes on. Even if we go behind from a set piece or a break down our wing we can dominate. It's not cut and dried with Lloris out and two new players but I have faith in our transfer policy.
I don't know if we'll see Janssen's real pace here. Chances our the mixture of a compact/defensive Palace and a tight pitch will likely prevent any demonstrations of out and out pace on his part.

I like the dropping of Dele, looks like he hasn't been putting in the same shift as he was last season in recent appearances. Needs a wake up call that he isn't guaranteed starting, hopefully to get his game back on track.

Back
Top Bottom