Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can get away with playing Bentaleb against Hull. As much as I would prefer another midfielder if they are fit, I am no longer going to underestimate Tim's willingness to start him. Please no Siggy on the left, and maybe a little Soldado-Ade partnership and I think the dicking can commence.

I hope we see the return of Bobby Soldier ... I have missed him.

I think we'll see the 4-4-2 again Saturday. Would really like to see us utilize it to pounce early against their goalkeeper situation. Depending on Dembele's situation (he's bounced back from knocks very quickly several times before), I'd like to see

Walker Dawson Chiriches Fryers (assuming for now Rose's card holds up)
Lennon Capoue Dembele Eriksen
Ade Soldado

Very much hoping of course that the additional few days are time enough to get a few guys healthy. Part of me thinks Tim's quote pregame about not rushing guys back holds truth in that he specifically didn't want them risked for City, a game in which the outlook was not great. If that's the case, I'd be delighted to see Vertonghen and Paulinho back specifically from the four that participated in the West Ham friendly.

Since beating Fulham 6-0 at home Hull have failed to score in the subsequent 4 games (1 home game vs Chelsea and 3 away games vs Liverpool, Palace and Norwich).

What this means for them is that the perfect team is coming to their ground to stop the rot.

Hull play a 3-5-2 formation so what we really need is Lennon to pull his finger out of his arse and become an attacking player again and for Towsend/Lamela to also be involved. A 3 man central midfield of Paulinho, Dembele and Holtby/Bentaleb would probably also help.

Since beating Fulham 6-0 at home Hull have failed to score in the subsequent 4 games (1 home game vs Chelsea and 3 away games vs Liverpool, Palace and Norwich).

What this means for them is that the perfect team is coming to their ground to stop the rot.

Hull play a 3-5-2 formation so what we really need is Lennon to pull his finger out of his arse and become an attacking player again and for Towsend/Lamela to also be involved. A 3 man central midfield of Paulinho, Dembele and Holtby/Bentaleb would probably also help.

I'd prefer the three man CM, but I doubt it'll happen here. I'd also love to see Townsend back in the fold, but seeing as he didn't even make the West Ham friendly with a large slew of other recently recovered players I'm not optimistic.

4-4-facking-2

Sandro and Eriksen in the middle

Soldado and Ade upfront

Townsend and Holtby either wing

I think he'll struggle to make it over from Dortmund in time for the match...
also, I don't think he's allowed to play for more than one club at a time... if you get ma'drift??

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/hull-vs-spurs-team-news-310114/
Younes Kaboul, Paulinho and Jan Vertonghen are back in the squad to face Hull on Saturday.
All three players have been training for over a week now and all three have played in private friendlies against West Ham and QPR.

Younes (thigh) last appeared at City on November 24, Jan (ankle) has been out since the win at Fulham on December 4 while Paulinho (ankle) picked up an injury against Stoke on December 28.

"Paulinho was a real eye-opener in that game," said Head Coach, Tim Sherwood. "I was was impressed that day and he's back in contention."

Erik Lamela (thigh) and Andros Townsend (hamstring) remain sidelined. "They are not ready yet but getting closer every day," added Tim.

Danny Rose is also available after his one-match ban for a straight red card against City was rescinded by the FA.

:freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:

Younes Kaboul, Paulinho and Jan Vertonghen are back in the squad to face Hull on Saturday.
You had me at You...

Good news... very good news!
Deadline Day Cliché Alert; IT'LL BE LIKE THREE NEW SIGNINGS!

Back
Top Bottom