Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentaleb
Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb
Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb
Bentaleb Bentaleb

:sherwoodlol:
Strokin' it…
VWo7Xmr.jpg

My only hope is that Dawson doesn't play. The sooner he is out of the first team, the quicker we can move on as a team and start building from the back. He has been dreadful over the last month or so. Having him and Vertonghen at the back is like having Red Rum and a 3-legged, blind donkey suffering with arthritis.
man, that is so disrespectful and wrong
yes we know he's not Usain Bolt, and that he's not first pick with the others fit - but that comment was just plain wrong.

Not complaining about Bentaleb's selection today. Games against this sort of opposition are the ones he should be starting, not in the FA Cup vs our rivals, or when playing the best team in the league.

Sherwood hasn't got a fuckn clue. Would of much rather stuck with the man we'd invested 100 mil in for the rest of the season than brought this no mark back stabbing gooner cunt in. I'm starting to fuckn hate professional football, bunch of cunts from the owners down to the fans.

You know what you saw today because you made up your mind before the game was played. You would never give Bentaleb credit no matter what he did.

Yeah stats mean nothing at all because it is better to not complete passes, create chances, or dispossess the other team. None of these things are important in a football match. Makes sense.
No - I saw displaced passes at crucial attacking phases and general passive play. He can knock 400 side ways passes to Verts and get in his way - but that won't make him Zidane because ALL stats are contextual

You can spin this any pro-Timmy way you want - but I'll tell you as much - I have no issues with him pushing youngsters through but there has to be balance and reason. The kid has played in every game which is ridiculous, imv

I'm with you mate, I'm a total realist and slightly optimistic person.

And at the end of the day, as it stands, we are only 2 FUCKING POINTS off Liverpool in 4th.

Again, how good have Liverpool been this season, they smashed us at home and are still only just above us.

Come on, seriously, there is just under half the season to go, we still have an amazing opportunity to get 4th.

My optimism has been severely damaged by how shit we were against a team that have scored their only goal of 2014 against us. A game we thought would be an easy 3.

It was damaged enough by knowing we've got a spanish Andy Carroll as our only backup to Ade (not counting Harry "Honestly-hes-good-when-noones-watching" Kane) and Tim not signing even a loan striker.

Really not impressed with Bentaleb thus far, and would like to see him dropped. Not scapegoating as seems to be the trend, just don't see him at our level, yet. Also want to see Soldado play, see how he reacts to his dropping and if it's shoved a catherine wheel up his arse.

----------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker---Dawson---Vertonghen---Rose
------------Dembele---Capoue--------------
Lennon----------Paulinho-----------Eriksen
--------------------Soldado----------------------

I give that lineup a 2/10 in terms of likelihood.

I watched him closely the whole match and he did absolutely nothing. He didn't attack, he didn't defend. He was just running around aimlessly.

Ditto. I've been wondering about him so I kept a close eye on him...and he did nothing. For a supposed top 4 side we need midfielders who will dominate in games, especially games against lesser opposition, Bentaleb just didn't do it...and what annoys me all the more is, where he seemed to play deeper than Paulinho he was in the position Holtby said he prefers, leading me to consider, should Holtby have been in there and Bentaleb at Fulham? It would make more sense to me if it were that way round.

Im not saying Sherwood is the answer but tbh, i cant see the fans ever being fully content with a manager. We just seem to slag them off whenever we get a bad result.

I didn't see the game as was out at the races, what were the main positives in all seriousness?
We didn't concede 5 this time :sherwoodwtf:

Back
Top Bottom