Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man Utd losing makes today a point GAINED... let's not forget that!
Everton winning makes next week a MUST WIN... let's not forget that either...
US drawing, makes Liverpool's game at West Brom that much more vital... let's remember that!!!!

Not the best result... certainly not the worst... if that ain't Spursy, I dunno what is!

Sandro back will make all the difference... even if Harry Kane does have to lead the line on his own for the rest of the season 'cos Ade & Soldado are out 'till May...

#backtoSpursyagain!

I watched him closely the whole match and he did absolutely nothing. He didn't attack, he didn't defend. He was just running around aimlessly.

Ditto. I've been wondering about him so I kept a close eye on him...and he did nothing. For a supposed top 4 side we need midfielders who will dominate in games, especially games against lesser opposition, Bentaleb just didn't do it...and what annoys me all the more is, where he seemed to play deeper than Paulinho he was in the position Holtby said he prefers, leading me to consider, should Holtby have been in there and Bentaleb at Fulham? It would make more sense to me if it were that way round.

If you guys stopped your anti-Sherwood shit, you'd realise Bentaleb offered far more to the game than Paulinho today overall. Yes Capoue should be starting but it doesn't have to be for Bentaleb. Paulinho should have been kept on the bench for today at least.

We invested nothing this summer. Our net spend was negative. Levy has never trusted a manager and probably never will. I think that's probably the real issue.

regardless of how you want to paint it we invested 100 mil in new signings this summer

I'm still not concerned about Everton. Look at what Liverpool did to them t'other evening, it will happen a few more times before now and the end of the season.

That speaks more volume of Liverpool, who is really the team we should be battling for 4th. Instead we're worried about Everton and finishing 5th.

Agreed... I'd rather Utd lose (much more worried about them) than Everton...
Liverpool on t'other hand need to implode soon, or else we're all fooked!!

Hey Suarez... time for a bit of casual racism and spontaneous combustion please!

Im not saying Sherwood is the answer but tbh, i cant see the fans ever being fully content with a manager. We just seem to slag them off whenever we get a bad result.

I didn't see the game as was out at the races, what were the main positives in all seriousness?

If you guys stopped your anti-Sherwood shit, you'd realise Bentaleb offered far more to the game than Paulinho today overall. Yes Capoue should be starting but it doesn't have to be for Bentaleb. Paulinho should have been kept on the bench for today at least.
even know i sort of agree if paulinho didnt play we would of lost one-nil :paulinhofacepalm:

Soldado and Dawson were both very poor today, it was a bit of a weird game as you wouldn't normally expect Steve Bruce to send his team out to try to win matches like this.
Long and Jelavic have brought some real quality and with Hudd offering decent service - they look like half a decent side now

Back
Top Bottom