Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I and now others have mentioned, Hull beat Liverpool in the Reds last away game. They had Gerrard then as well as Suarez.

I would say Pool have 4 outstanding players ATM, Mignolet, Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge. Two will be missing on Sunday.

As I and others have mentioned Dawson has dealt well with Suarez on previous occasions and i look forward to him captaining the side as usual.

Pool have failed to win in their last four away games, during which Suarez has scored a massive total of one goal.

Last time I looked we were slight favourites to win this game, and unless we pick up more injuries, I expect us to be favourites on the day.

Not sure where Eriksen fits in and whether he could

A) Be a central midfielder in a 433
B) Whether we'd be changing to a 4231 and force one of Paulinho/Dembele further back which limits both imo

We dropped decent money on Eriksen because he performed so well in Ajax' middle three in their 4-3-3. He did perfectly fine in that system.

It seems to me the club are being quiet for a reason.. Whether it's down to family issues or Gambling or Drug addiction. As you say, no toe injury would keep him out this long.
We would have had regular updates on his progress but nothing..Strange..

Been thinking this for a while didnt want to say it, expecially having read the secret footballer recently, particularly with those close to England setup who get better protected in these circumstances, just hope he is back soon, god knows where we would be as the knock on effect on Jan / the left side as an attacking force has been huge

Its as obvious as saying the sun will come up tomorrow but we just need to keep Suarez quiet if Gerrard out

[quote="SouthStand Billy, post: 428801 As you say, no toe injury would keep him out this long..[/quote]

Lineker_186x250.jpg

No toe injury.......... #SPURSY

Last edited:
Big toe injuries can be chronic and last for years. Plus, he's out with a quad injury that he sustained after trying to come back.

(Or he got kneecapped by a drug dealer/bookie for not paying debts. Who's to know?)

I felt like everyone was just warming to Rose to :( We love him for 'that' goal and then he's been away for a few years and he was finally coming back and now he's gone :gomes:

I would very much like seeing AVB put up the SAME 433 lineup that he did as against Man United.

Capture.jpg

Though I wouldn't mind Lamela/Townsend starting ahead of Chadli at LW

Last edited:
If Henderson is out as well, that's good. Obviously they have some decent cover, but the more 'first XI' that's out the better. What would be nice regarding that issue is for Suarez to implode and get a red, preferably early on when we're already 1-0 up :)

Should get Sandro to keep nipping Suarez to wind him up so that he explodes and bites him.

How awesome would Sandro look with half an ear lost? :sandroscream:

Back
Top Bottom