Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too many people will now pop up and say "I told you so", but could they really know after one or two matches?
There are some people on here who not only have played a reasonable standard of football, but also people who have seen an awful lot of the game to understand what is happening.
The fact that our club currently has a wealth of talent at its disposal, but is playing to a system that fails to make the best of their skills is manifestly obvious to some of us.
Last season was saved by Bale. This season is like having a tone deaf person who is unable to play an instrument being asked to put an orchestra together, and consistently choosing the wrong instrumentalists to play the wrong music.

Lots of people could see the problems early on in AVB's second season, and arguably before that, but I think almost everyone waited, gave him a chance to change things after his summer signings, and it was only after the second terrible performance this season that most people, including myself said enough was enough. I don't understand why people think change will happen after having seen evidence that change will not occur.
Everyone was writing Wenger off at the start of this season. Are they now?

When Harry was here we had a 13 lead over the scum and everyone, again, was writing Wenger off and saying we were going to win the league. What happen? We couldn't win for shit for countless games and ended up in fifth below them.

Point is that things can change quickly so to be a proper judge you have to examine over time and look for common problems.

Yes, there were warning signs last year, ignored by many because of Bale, but this year AVB had the investment that we were lead to believe would be more in keeping with his plan for success. He was given a chance on that basis and I think that is an entirely reasonable thing to do. Two/three loses are never enough to judge. You need more.

fuck it I am putting suarez and Woolwich players in my fantasy team.
I never took Suarez out, it's no good though, I had fucking Dawson at the back eroding the benefits into nothing . I made a concession of taking Lucas out for Townsend .

Please don't joke about giroud in your team though, that's just not cool.

That's the worrying thing at the moment. I'm not sure who there is who could get is going. It's all very well asking for change but who the fuck would we realistically get in, post AVB?

I don't know. Fair question. Difficult to answer, but if we keep AVB we will get more of the same - more I-can't-look performances like this. Like Citeh. Like Newcastle. Like West Ham. Like this game. We aren't getting CL now, very unlikely. But we can put a stop to these sorts of performances and play with a bit of dignity.

Back
Top Bottom