Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Started reading the last 10 pages but had to give up after a couple, would hate to see the state of the thread during the game.
Anyway, I agree with the general consensus that it was a poor first half, much better second, Bren made a big difference.
No way was it a lucky win, we kept at them until we got the goals to win the game. Trouble is, unless we have a two/three goal lead, we're always going to be on the edge of our seats, praying there's not a breakaway.
I would have done my nut if they had scored in the 9 minutes of added time, as most of it was due to their time wasting.
If Maddison did go off in a huff, Ange needs to sort that out PDQ, can't have anyone think they're better than the team.
Good to catch up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , Shades Shades , Spurshaker Spurshaker and MiddxSpur .

This thread -
Season 3 Mind Blown GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

And not in a good way.

So many grandstanders trying to show how amazingly patient and supportive they are

Well done, have a cookie
Being patient and supportive is wrong now?

Enjoying a comfortable win, where in another day we bury them by 6, is grandstanding?

And there is the issue. Every game expected to be a spectacle, every win completed by half time, with a cricket score in the 2nd half to complete a "satisfactory" 90 minutes.

Every moan I see on here is based on 'we should have's' and 'what if's.'

We came up against yet another bus parker and found a way to win. I see that whinge has now been sidelined, because we invariably do put the bus parkers to the sword. The issue here seems to be that we didn't do it in the first 45 minutes.

On that first goal, Kulusevski, Son and Maddison have got to have a fucking word with themselves.

Kulusevski pisses away a great situation with a careless fucking give away - and ends up just ambling back last of everyone, if he sprints back he could have helped the overload on Porro’s side - and same Maddison who is standing with Chong when the break starts.

Likewise Son, who has a chance to win back Kulusevski's shit pass, but is so fucking weak he gets stripped by Townsend, and then chases back but then stops and does nothing to help Bissouma, just stands there watching him go 1v1, not backing up Bissouma or picking anyone else up.

This sort of lazy shit is biting us on the arse every fucking week. And to be honest, it's on Ange to be putting a fucking rocket up their arses and showing them what they are doing wrong.

I have been generally pleasantly surprised by Maddison's work rate and tactical contribution, with and without the ball, but I have been a little bit disappointed with his creation, vision and productivity.

I think the fact that most things creatively go through him, makes us a bit predictable and probably isn't helping him. Sarr is a wholesome boy who does lots of good things, but I’d like to see us play with two creative 8’s sometimes as it would give us more variation in build up, especially in these type of deep block games.

I would’ve liked to have seen Madison moved over to the R8 and Lo Celso played as the L8, when Ange made the subs today. Give opposition more to think about.

But, overall, we've got to be reasonably happy with the direction of travel. I'm not sure Ange is the Messiah, we have some serious back door issues, but we are a proactive side, with good intentions. We want the ball, we want to win it back quick, we want to move forwards. These are basic things we all (well most of us) wanted to see. There's things to criticise (dis ees fuubal) for sure, but I much prefer watching us labour against a bus park, than be the bus park, personally.

If we want to convert more of those good intentions into goals and results, we've got to add some better quality individual components and the most pressing need is a bunch of forwards with more brains, better technical and tactical ability, more productivity - this area is by far our weakest link.

Last edited:
That was a brilliant second half. We were excellent. Some real good football and in all honesty probably deserved more.

Really need to find a way to start the same way. Massive massive 3 points.

Hats off to Johnson, game changer.

You can tell a lot about a society by the way it treats it's old people. When I was young I treated the elderly with respect. I was in awe of what they had done and what they had achieved for themselves, usually despite the system not because of it.
It was part of our culture in Britain then. We recognised their value, not what they cost, because we knew that one day we would be standing where they were.

Back
Top Bottom