Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At this point, Lo Celso and Bentancur ahead of Biss in the middle for me. The former two brought so much calm and effort.
The former two brought calm and effort playing alongside Biss then Hojberg, because they play with quality both going forward and back unlike the No 10 and unlike Sarr who has potential but is just legs at this point in time going forward, both of the latter 2 don't help whoever is playing deepest.

First halves need to get better quickly. They will continue to cost us.

Not sure why we are having such a hard time with almost all of the players available.
Our attackers are shit.

It’s really that simple. The rest we are doing ok with.

They’re wasteful and need tens of chances to scrap a goal. That profligacy then puts pressure on our defence.

Took them a while to Photoshop that goal line tech.

youtube fashion GIF

Hoped for a better performence and by god we didnt get it. Still given the circumstances happy with a win, but these shit starts are a real issue.

Doesnt fill me with confidence for the tougher tasks ahead but there is a real decent gap opening up. Another 4 wins and a draw or two should get us 5th.

Watched the last 15 minutes.

Didn't seem to me that we were running out of ideas, which is good, and we didn't run out of effort either, which is great.

We played really well but the ball wouldn't go in the net...that sort of sums it up, no?

(Question to anyone who watched the full game)

Second half we really were excellent.

First half though, less said the better. Though tbh, we easily could have scored two through Werner and Son.

I do hope Luton stay up. Got great heart

Lets be real, this win is just papering over the giant cracks.

We have serious issues as a football club, our mentality is weak, our owners have zero ambition. And a scraped win against an injury ridden Luton doesn't change any of that.

Where is the team and the performances from the first ten games?

Earned the luck by second half approach; but yeah, not great.

Ange got a few things to sort.

Glad we've got it in our squad to pull that out, tho.
Yeah we improved but cmon. Is that really the level we accept. Just before and after the goal we did well but then went flat again... slowed it down..stood still and a bit of luck in the end.

How did he play?
He started nervously as you can imagine after a poor game and being pulled off at HT during an international midweek.
Too many back passes for my liking and Romero was making more back passes possibly because he did not trust Drag?
He didn't do a lot wrong and made a couple of runs forward.
Ideal game for him to get minutes for THFC.

Back
Top Bottom