Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the hell did you watch? There is no way anyone could watch that game and think we didnt deserve a win unless they are trolling.
I didn't say we did not deserve the win did I. I literally did not say that. The first have was absolutely poor. Second half we did much better but it's still scraping over the line again.

If he hadn't thrown away points against pub sides we'd be much higher. He's just hanging on by his teeth at the moment. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

So a few crap performances away from being in the thick of a title challenge in your first season (having finished 8th the year before) is "skin of your teeth" stuff?

What an absolute clown you are.

But we won today although it should have been more convincing

Those Pochettino lovers though - see 10 man Burnley got a draw. Can you imagine had we drawn against 10 men. Postecoglou out. ENIC shi!t. Spursy.

And then look at Fulham. How do they draw with Sheffield United after beating us so easily? Weird weird weird.

3 points but even more points for discussion.

Now to the next 2 servings.

They weren’t embarrassing at all.

We were fucking dogshit. There’s deserved support through a tough spell against tough opposition and then there’s blind cheering of absolute garbage.

I’m too old to do the latter.
Nope.

Suggestions of the manager being sacked after less than a year while the team sit in 5th place...yeah they were embarrassing .
You all need to take your clown diplomas and head home

It literally was lucky..why don't you try watching it with your eyes open. Am own goal? Deflected goal? Oh we played well for a bit in the second half. Two moments where son could/should have scored and the one that looked in. That's it? At home to Luton you're accepting that. Lol well ok then

You don't know how to analyse football, there's nothing lucky about scoring goals when you ultimately put pressure on the opposition they eventually will cave in, that's not luck

Watched the last 15 minutes.

Didn't seem to me that we were running out of ideas, which is good, and we didn't run out of effort either, which is great.

We played really well but the ball wouldn't go in the net...that sort of sums it up, no?

(Question to anyone who watched the full game)

High XG / weak first half; basically.

One goal in open play. A hugely lucky win against a fairly ordinary side. It's definitely one for the happy clappers...
3 points, yes...but we're going to be wiped out by good teams. Some people simply don't care about the standard of our team anymore. I'm utterly unconvinced by Maddison, Richarlison and Bissouma. Kulusevski and Bentancur both products of the Parasite and I'm still totally convinced that there were some heavy backhanders there.
I'm fast losing faith in the new management too. No plan b ...or plan c for that matter. Just stand on the touch line do nothing and hope. It's simply not good enough for the Great Spurs.
Everyone seems to know exactly how we'll play and adjusts their style accordingly. It's getting to be a bit of a farce really....difficult to be enthusiastic atm...for me anyway...

Nope.

Suggestions of the manager being sacked after less than a year while the team sit in 5th place...yeah they were embarrassing .
You all need to take your clown diplomas and head home
Well I wasn’t doing that.

I just find the carping after a performance like that as irritating as the melting.

We were fucking hideous in the first half.

Nah, not at all.

We've clearly got a few probs with selection, Ange needs to sort.

And better equipped to deal with that issue after the summer window.

Still, he needs to find solutions in the interim; and there are ones.
Not at all? Easy comfortable win then? Glad Ange will fix it in the summer and hope he does but I'm calling today's game as it was. That's all

Back
Top Bottom