Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you are forgetting just how shit we were for most of 2019.

We are still not great but the team has stabilised. I don’t think it’s possible for us to lose a game 7-2 now. Anyone who thinks we are terrible now must have scrubbed their memory of the first 12 games. The home games against Watford, Newcastle and Sheffield United were three of the worst performances I have ever seen. At least we have more than 2 shots on target in most games now.

For me, our worst performance this season was 0-3 away at Brighton. One of the worst games from us I've ever seen - and I grew up in the '90s!

I must be used to London prices, as that sounds about right to me. Six quid for a sandwich in the City doesn't make me blink any more, and I regularly shell out £60 for a theatre ticket.
Mind you, even I baulked at £178 for The Pet Shop Boys at the O2 - that was for one seat up in the gods. They're good, but not THAT good.
You must be a west end girl

If we lose tomorrow that will be 3 out of 3 homes games we've lost against big 6 sides since Mourinho has been here. Poch only ever lost 6 and only ever 1 actually in Tottenham.

Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce would have least had made us difficult to beat and defensively well organised by now but the Special One hasn't even managed that. He needs to start earning his considerable salary.
The appt was just another big payday for Mourinho. I Don't think he really cares about the club tbh. His style is ten years behind. I for one never wanted him at the club. He's not improved the team at all !!
And if we win, you two will either be nowhere to be seen, or sitting there picking holes in the victory and saying how lucky we was.

If we lose tomorrow that will be 3 out of 3 homes games we've lost against big 6 sides since Mourinho has been here. Poch only ever lost 6 and only ever 1 actually in Tottenham.

Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce would have least had made us difficult to beat and defensively well organised by now but the Special One hasn't even managed that. He needs to start earning his considerable salary.
Out of interest these two managers you mentioned must have won more than the 20 trophies won by Jose, otherwise this would be a stupid observation to make about one of the games most successful managers the game has known.

I know, I know... we've been here for the nth time this season already but yet again the results elsewhere have fallen our way with those draws for our closest rivals ... (Sheff Utd apart)... so 5th is on and 4pts behind Fulham Broadway FC poss down to 1pt if we beat them at their's in three weeks time.
How about making the most of tomorrow boys... rather than relying on everybody else being meh as well for a change...:mourthumb:... and lets make some NOISE!!!

I think you are forgetting just how shit we were for most of 2019.

We are still not great but the team has stabilised. I don’t think it’s possible for us to lose a game 7-2 now. Anyone who thinks we are terrible now must have scrubbed their memory of the first 12 games. The home games against Watford, Newcastle and Sheffield United were three of the worst performances I have ever seen. At least we have more than 2 shots on target in most games now.
I would put the recent game against Norwich into the same bracket to be honest even though we won

How many occasions have occured to us this season to make a GREAT move on the table? We’ve had 2/3 opportunities and failed to seize it EVERY TIME.

Tomorrow HAS to be different.

Chelsea, Man U and Wolves all draw, a win is vital for any hope of top 4.

Out of interest these two managers you mentioned must have won more than the 20 trophies won by Jose, otherwise this would be a stupid observation to make about one of the games most successful managers the game has known.

Amazing how easy it is to win trophies when you take over teams that either just won the league or came close to it and have some of the best players in the division and the most money to spend. Man Utd was his first genuine rebuilding job, and he failed miserably, despite being given a fortune to spend. He has never dramatically improved any team he's managed.

I just want to see a sign of steady improvement and team spirit. We have seen it in patches but we need to keep at it. Although Citeh are not the machine they were last season, if we can play like we did in the second half against Liverpool, then we might get something from this game.
Hope to meet up with any TFCers in the Dispensary before the game.

Would be great if Ndombele can get fit and play. As far as I know Winks is fit .

we have to try go for it! I believe Mendy is out, Sane won't play and Fernandinho and Laporte are doubts.

Amazing how easy it is to win trophies when you take over teams that either just won the league or came close to it and have some of the best players in the division and the most money to spend. Man Utd was his first genuine rebuilding job, and he failed miserably, despite being given a fortune to spend. He has never dramatically improved any team he's managed.
Is this the same United that finished higher under him than anyone else since fergie left and won two trophies whilst at odds with some players and management yeah ok.

Back
Top Bottom