Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is this strange feeling I have? It's so familiar.....

Oh, that's right, its called "fucking happiness."

A rollercoaster match for me. City overplayed their hand with their physicality. Any number of them could have ended up with a red.

It would have been nice to have dominated before they went down to 10, but football fates are what they are.

Observations: Hugo is like a new player in some respects although he almost pulled a Huerlho Gomes with that pk. If that was not a foul on Sterling than Sterling should have gotten a second yellow for simulation.

Aurier is a hot mess, but he can get it right at times. I would like someone more dependable in his position right now.

We need to speed up our passing and work on accuracy, or we will continue to get dominated by pressing teams. Playing out of the back is fine as long as we muster the skill.

So, so happy for Bergwijn. That goal was one of the club moments that will never be forgotten. I hope he brings us many more moments of joy.

Kun Aguero's hair is awful.

Lo Celso supported us, and kept us up for the first half. His contributions were immense.

Anyway, a great match. Possibly the shiniest moment of this season for us. A solid win against a top side, with new talent showing their worth, and old talent looking new again.

COYS

Olympic diving competition: Sterling first prize

foto%20giuria%20popolare%20di%20Armando%20Buzzo_MGzoom.JPG
Olympic diving competition: Sterling first prize

foto%20giuria%20popolare%20di%20Armando%20Buzzo_MGzoom.JPG
Mane will give him a run for his money.

Give it a rest with the foul mouthed insult laden swear fest eh?
There are plenty of ladies on here who don't need to read that kind of crap, and it makes you look inarticulate.
You are better than that, tone it down.
And some gentlemen too, Mick. You and I for a start.

Apes? Are you going to be the guy throwing bananas at the players when they play at our stadium?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
I don't think he should
American football is a boring spectacle of a tawdry sport with a playing time of 10 minutes interspersed by 3 hours of advert breaks

I'd rather watch the word dry stonewalling competition.

I don't think he should
American football is a boring spectacle of a tawdry sport with a playing time of 10 minutes interspersed by 3 hours of advert breaks

I'd rather watch the word dry stonewalling competition.
My post literally has nothing to do with the sport. I'd never come here to argue you all should be NFL fans.

He called NFL players, 70% of whom are black, "apes".

If you don't see how that could be an issue for a black man in America I'm not sure what to tell you.

God, you talk some utter nonsense at times.

How about this, leg raised, but studs do not go toward Robben, the top of his boot does.

There's a bunch more on here:

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Being "Late" or "not intending" are irrelevant.

take note: neither is winning the ball, or contact with the opponent

Back
Top Bottom