Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas stated that Poch played him as a CF, but felt that it was not his position, and that he felt better when Jose moved him to a wider position. I don't know why Lucas seems to have moved back to a central position, when Sonny did a sterling job last season. A no brainer for me.
Jose rates Lucas, he said he wanted to buy him few years ago and from what’s available he believes Lucas is the best option as CF. Let’s see what’s tomorrow’s setup, I expect the same.

Really important next few games this. I said before Christmas that the games running up to, and including, the Chelsea game would make or break our season and we failed that test. But such is status of the teams in the EPL outside of Liverpool, they just keep giving you chances. Chelsea are on target for a point total just over 60, which if that’s what it takes to get top 4, is pretty pathetic. With them playing Man U next, we again have the chance to close the gap.

First up is Man City and tbh, in the back of mind I’m thinking, what exactly do they have to play for? They can’t possibly think they’re going to make up the enormous point difference Liverpool have on them now do they? Regardless, this Man City team are very beatable imo. In attack they’re very efficient but in defence they’re all over the place and we will get chances. I feel if we play the same way we did against Liverpool, to the same level, we will beat them. And how huge would that be for this team and our fans. It might not be the prettiest of games tomorrow but I’m very optimistic.

COYS

(Moura and Bergwijn to come on as subs in the last 20 minutes and tear them a new one on the counter)

:dier:

Surprisingly positive consensus in here, I’m blown away.

Jose’s got to win one of these big games sooner or later, why not this one? I want winks, Lo celso and Ndombele to start thenI will be a happy bunny.

Would love to see Stevie B get a cheeky start but I’m almost certain that he won’t be involved until the last 20.

COYS

Jose’s got to win one of these big games sooner or later, why not this one? I want winks, Lo celso and Ndombele to start thenI will be a happy bunny.

Would love to see Stevie B get a cheeky start but I’m almost certain that he won’t be involved until the last 20.

COYS
Have you read the Liverpool match thread.

Anything is more positive than that.

I think the 2nd half performance is what people remember from that game. If we convert chances then we should be OK.

Lamela played well in the reverse fixture. Will he start?

Off topic, did anyone watch the Liverpool game? Blatant penalty foul on Ings and the ref didn't even bother too check out because it was against pool. One time var needed but it might have got in the way. And they scored their 1st goal from the counter attack. Sickening to see this blatant favouritism. Let's get rid of refs altogether and let the teams just beat the shit out of each other. A large part of their PL lead seems to be due to this happening over and over again.

Players that will almost certainly start: Lloris, Alderweireld, Aurier, Son, Dele
Players that have a higher chance of starting than being on the bench: Sanchez, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas and Tanganga

Bergwijn won't start (even though it would be spectacular), but I believe he will come on as a substitute
If we take our chances then there's no reason we can't put up a decent fight.

Problem is, Son and Moura have been so incredibly wasteful in the last few games..... Not shots that go straight to the keeper, but shots that ended up in row z which indicates a serious lack of form.

Tomorrow would be a great time for them to discover form..... Especially as whatever has gone before and however bad we've been.
..... these next 6 weeks are the ones that will define our season.
I don't think Lucas should ever be a starter.

I don’t have a prediction because both teams have been pretty unpredictable this season but I think this is the most beatable City team of the last two years so who knows!

We seem to be somewhat of a tricky fixture for them.

Every team is a tricky fixture for us. I'm hopeful we can pull something out of the hat but we flopped against Chelsea and Manure when it mattered too.

Pep has openly said the CL is the only trophy that matters this season for City, whilst their Real Madrid game is still a month away that type of thinking will impact the players. If we can keep our shit together this is an eminently winnable game, patience will be the key I reckon, and quite possibly having a stronger bench (against City blimey) as they rest a few players recovering from knocks.

City if they play their best football still arguably have the best players in the league ... but we're not that far behind and if we have the right mindset (and a bit of VAR luck) we can win this one ... COYS

COYS
And wall come tumbling down my brother.

Change (no Davies + Steven in).

Without possesion, Lamela/Steve (Ndombee) drop to make a 4 (5).

vP5AdLI.jpg

Vorm, Verts, Foyth, Winks, Sessegnon, Moura, Alli

No way Gedson starts over Winks, he only had 7 passes in almost an hour against Southampton. He is not ready to start a game like this.

Back
Top Bottom