****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
For me there's a big difference between supporting City (would never cheer for them at a match) and being perfectly comfortable with losing to them on this specific occasion.

I really hope we don't literally see/hear this

Cheering those cheating, blood-money funded, slave-driver owned scumbags in our own stadium would be sacrilege.

By all means embrace the result if that's where your feelings lie; but please, match-goers.... Don't do the club dirty like that. :(

Last edited:
Romero? Porro? Kulu & Bentancur at the time. Don't under estimate the excitement we all had about Bissouma.
This place was wanking itself silly over GLC and Ndombele in 2019 don't forget.

Without Champions league it's the likes of Matt Doherty and PEH....
We weren't in the CL when we bought Romero, Kulu and Bentancur. Conference league for the former, out of Europe completely for the other 2. I'll give you Porro.

Doherty, PEH we were in the Europa. Van Der Ven we didnt have Europe at all.

What they have done is absolutely unheard of. But the Bundesliga can't be anywhere near as demanding as the PL if they're not burning out.
Or maybe they're all on PEDs
well we all thought that but bayern just got to the semi and dortmund are in the final.

maybe leverkusen have just been managed right? not sure what alonso done with them in the group, but the extra games and playing on thursday has done them no harm at all.

end of the day we are suppose to have a good squad, we should be getting out of that group by giving minutes to the fringe and youth without damaging qualification or league position. all comes down to having a manager that knows what hes doing.

id rather win the europa league than finish 4th if thats the options next year anyway! no brainer.

We wern't in the CL when we bought Romero, Kulu and Bentancur. Confetence league for the former, out of Europe completely for the other 2. I'll give you Porro.

Doherty, PEH we were in the Europa. Van Der Ven we didnt have Europe at all.

Yeah, the CL pull is mostly bollocks.

If you offer a player very good money and talk a good game, they will come. Regardless of European competition.

Half of our strongest starting eleven was purchased without CL football. Romero, Vicario, van de Ven, Sarr, Maddison, Son etc.

What a fascinating debate and I can see both sides

We want to lose to city so that the goons don't win the league. But what about next season? Say we get City, Dippers, Chavs in the first 5 games. should we hope to lose just in case. Where does this stop?.

We want to lose to City because the SKY wankfest and general banter will be too much? Well we've had this banter since 1971 ( and I was there as a 14 year old and still traumatised) 3 point lane, St Totteringhams Day, AFTV etc ? Where does this stop?

Well it stops with us competing at the highest level, building a team that wins things , attracting players that want CL, playing at the highest level and competing.

I want us to win tomorrow and make the CL, I want us to compete at the highest level and, who knows, maybe we can win trophies. To do is to dare. We need to change the mentality of this club. In Ange I trust and COYS

PS, whilst I totally respect others views, if anyone calls me non Spurs then meet me behind the settee at 20.15 tomorrow

I wonder how City view this game seeing as in recent years we’ve been their bogey team, and they’ve yet to score a PL goal at the stadium?

I can see this ‘record’ being broken tomorrow night as we won’t be operating the low block/counter attack we have done in the last few years!

If you offer a player very good money and talk a good game, they will come. Regardless of European competition.

Half of our strongest starting eleven was purchased without CL football. Romero, Vicario, van de Ven, Sarr, Maddison, Son etc.

Remember each time we got CL under Poch thinking about the great summer we would have only to get empty shelves and pound shop rubbish while Chavs bought the likes of Kante without European football. Its total nonsense but for a small selection of players.

Remember each time we got CL under Poch thinking about the great summer we would have only to get empty shelves and pound shop rubbish while Chavs bought the likes of Kante without European football. Its total nonsense but for a small selection of players.

Even Maddison chose us over Newcastle, who had just qualified for the CL.

There's a reason these playersdon't sign 1 year contracts. They'll know signing whether they believe CL is on the horizon. Or if they're just money driven.

I don't think qualifying for CL would have had any baring on the signings or targets this summer knowing our business model.

I wonder how City view this game seeing as in recent years we’ve been their bogey team, and they’ve yet to score a PL goal at the stadium?

I can see this ‘record’ being broken tomorrow night as we won’t be operating the low block/counter attack we have done in the last few years!

They look completely focussed on winning the league now, virtually no injuries and no CL to distract them.

We on the other hand, have at least one spell every game at the moment where we start gifting the opposition chances (normally around the 10 to 30 min mark).

I just a) don't see us snapping out of that, and b) don't see them not capitalising on it.

If Villa lose to Liverpool this evening then the Spurs players will be doing everything they can to beat City and try to qualify for the Champions League. What may be most important to us (Woolwich not winning the title) is of little consequence to our team, they will want to be playing Champions League football next year if at all possible.

I really hope we don't literally see/hear this

Cheering those cheating, blood-money funded, slave-driver owned scumbags in our own stadium would be sacrilege.

By all means embrace the result if that's where your feelings lie; but please match-goers.... Don't do the club dirty like that. :(
would be interesting to see whether those on this thread who are really virulent about wanting to lose and offensive to those who want to win, would be cheering for City in the stadium. They seem to feel strongly enough?

If we play well, and lose, then there is a big plus side to the defeat. And I expect fully that to be the outcome tomorrow.

It’s complete bollocks.

Chavs sign whoever they want and players have no idea if they’ll be in the CL, mid table or Guantanamo.

It always was, always is and always will be wages. You pay, the player comes (with a few exceptions reserved for the very best).

Back
Top Bottom