****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
That's a good take. They have won the league four times since I've lived in Spain - four times too many of course - and life has gone on as before. Night followed day, I had ups and downs, loved ones got sick and passed away, I fell in love and out of love and in love again, wars raged, people did amazing things and none of it had anything to do with football.

We're in danger of taking it all far too seriously.

An anecdote...

I used to know this utter twat here, we called him Racist Andy because he was, by his own admission. On his wedding day him and his dad went to an Irish pub at lunchtime to watch Newcastle and turned up to the ceremony pissed as farts.

I bet they both thought that they were real fans, Howay The Lads and all that guff. I bet that other Geordies gave them numerous virtual pats on the back, raised pints in their honour, told them they were brilliant and so on.

Everyone else on Planet Earth would think they were cunts of the very highest order.
Just got my vote for bestest ever post on this forum good work bill 👏 👏👏👏

By allowing them do this to you, you're letting them beat you again. It's pathetic and embarrassing. Every time they hear you saying 'We must lose this game' they're laughing at you. Give them NO RESPECT. Have a bit of pride and respect in YOURSELF ffs. Stand up for your club.

COYS!
Your quite mad aren't you. Fair do's, I thought it was an act .🤣

jack nicholson 2nd one h e l p GIF

ended up being honest with myself. On the surface I want man city to win.. but when I get into the ground and see the lillywhite shirts I know I will end up shouting for them.

If Woolwich win the league it won't be this game that decided it but a season of football. The only bright side to this shit show is that if the Woolwich can win this league. So can we. We are just as powerful commercially and it's about time we used our advantages to secure a solid attack at the summit.

How did that help us 2 years ago when we qualified for the Champions League at their expense. Compare the subsequent transfer windows of both clubs then think about what you just posted.
Mate...we ain't winning with ENIC, and the best thing that can happen for every, passionate Spurs fan right now is that Scums 20 year wait for the title continues indefinitely.
The WORST thing that can happen is that WE help them over the line. A whole new generation of Spurs fans will have to live with the consequences. They may even go on to win it again, while missing out again may break them.

And one final thought. Even if we did win, we all know Villa would do what it takes to get a result on Saturday. And it would all have been for nothing.

We didn't do our job at home to Woolwich 2 weeks ago, so here we are. If this club, from the hierarchy down, have any feelings whatsoever for the fans, they'll do the right thing tonight.

You right CL doesn’t fix shit. We need

1 investment
2 clear vision on the style of football
3 good scouting and back office
4 patience if above 3 are in place

All those in combination lead to what City and Arse currently have.

Don't know about you - but
  • I'll still support Spurs with all my passion
  • I will wake up every day and look forward to what it brings
  • I will still live in my house, in my village
  • The cars and house will still be mine
  • I doubt my health will change much
  • I will still love the music I love
  • and love my wife and daughters as much as I do
  • I will still miss my Mum and Dad and wish I could embrace them one more time
  • I will still enjoy the job I do
And Brotherhood of Man will continue to love you back.

That's a good take. They have won the league four times since I've lived in Spain - four times too many of course - and life has gone on as before. Night followed day, I had ups and downs, loved ones got sick and passed away, I fell in love and out of love and in love again, wars raged, people did amazing things and none of it had anything to do with football.

We're in danger of taking it all far too seriously.

An anecdote...

I used to know this utter twat here, we called him Racist Andy because he was, by his own admission. On his wedding day him and his dad went to an Irish pub at lunchtime to watch Newcastle and turned up to the ceremony pissed as farts.

I bet they both thought that they were real fans, Howay The Lads and all that guff. I bet that other Geordies gave them numerous virtual pats on the back, raised pints in their honour, told them they were brilliant and so on.

Everyone else on Planet Earth would think they were cunts of the very highest order.

More absolute fucking drivel.

What has an anecdote about a pissed up racist got to do with all this?

Why are you and Mick talking about your wives, kids, houses and cars?

It’s fine to passionately hate Woolwich and want to avoid them winning the league above wanting us to win a game that gives us a very remote chance of top 4. For a competition that to most older fans is not the be all and end all of football.

Rivalry with Woolwich means more to me than trying to scrape a season in top 4.

What’s so complicated about this?

If I was a neutral I'd possibly be ok with Woolwich winning the league, it's time someone broke City's dominance.

But in this case, City til I die, big up Sheikh Mansour, Pep is a god, and Oasis shit all over Blur.

We got a draw in the away fixture.

Therefore we've influenced it regardless if we're going to be so nitpicky with results. Otherwise they'd be 3 points clear with a much better goal difference.

And if that's the way your mind works, If City end up winning the league by a point or two I'd expect you to be cheering the fact we prevented Woolwich winning the league because they couldn't even beat us at home.
So you get that it’s an accumulation of points over 38 games not 1 well done

Bit annoying the poll was private and we can’t see who the 63 closet gooners are. Would make my ignore list easier to organise.

Anyone who’s been on the Off Topic forum at all could hazard a guess as to who most of the 29 that voted Brexit Means Brexit are.

The closet Gooners are a bit harder to identify, but there have been some rimming Saka in the Laugh at Woolwich thread.

Back
Top Bottom