****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Just got my vote for bestest ever post on this forum good work bill 👏 👏👏👏
Nah...bollocks. I genuinely find the people who need to contextualise the support and passion of following a football team in regards life and death as frankly silly. The rivalry is to be embraced and enjoyed. There's no points and no right way.

How big shall we go people? How macro how micro? Our lives in the cosmic scheme of stars going nova, the birth of galaxies,the formation of planets is but a tinkling. In the span of the history of our own small satellite our entire species has been around for seven minutes in a twenty four hour cycle. You wanting Spurs to lose so Woolwich dont win the league means zip.

I have lost: parents, lovers, jobs, and games to Mancity. They are seperate and unalienable things. They carry different weights and if the posters on here think that all the fans happy to take the L don't know that....Well they are even more pompous than their facile thinking indicates.

Last edited:
I mean that would be like Christmas

We beat City

But then Everton beat Woolwich at the weekend.

I think I'd burst

:dembelelol:
We are not going to beat Woolwich mate our season ended last week.
I realise you have a dilemma as with Villa drawing last night you still have a serious chance of qualifying for the CL.
If you beat City tonight you will be handing the title to Woolwich , you should beat Sheff United last game and Palace have every chance of beating Villa as they look dead on there feet.
The worst case scenario for you would be to draw.

ended up being honest with myself. On the surface I want man city to win.. but when I get into the ground and see the lillywhite shirts I know I will end up shouting for them.

If Woolwich win the league it won't be this game that decided it but a season of football. The only bright side to this shit show is that if the Woolwich can win this league. So can we. We are just as powerful commercially and it's about time we used our advantages to secure a solid attack at the summit.
I get that , i do totally. If i was attending the game, i wouldn't cheer them or their goals.No matter what my thoughts on THAT lot winning the league.

More absolute fucking drivel.

What has an anecdote about a pissed up racist got to do with all this?

Why are you and Mick talking about your wives, kids, houses and cars?

It’s fine to passionately hate Woolwich and want to avoid them winning the league above wanting us to win a game that gives us a very remote chance of top 4. For a competition that to most older fans is not the be all and end all of football.

Rivalry with Woolwich means more to me than trying to scrape a season in top 4.

What’s so complicated about this?
Side bar....are we the rascist

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

Had the pleasure of seeing Ossie, Graham, Ricky and Tony last week over in radlett.

As 4 spurs heroes of my youth I’m glad they were all of the opinion tonight’s match is one we don’t want to win.

Their story about playing a semi final at Highbury was brilliant too.

“Who was there? Show of hands please……Were you on the pitch after the game?? No?? Why not??
We were destroying the dressing room after the match! They gave us the home one!!

:ossie::ossie:

We are not going to beat Woolwich mate our season ended last week.
I realise you have a dilemma as with Villa drawing last night you still have a serious chance of qualifying for the CL.
If you beat City tonight you will be handing the title to Woolwich , you should beat Sheff United last game and Palace have every chance of beating Villa as they look dead on there feet.
The worst case scenario for you would be to draw.
Out of all the results possible tonight

I think a draw would piss me off the most

This is not even a taste of the ridicule coming our way if we serve them up the top spot.

They will be calling us their BITCH forever - justifiably!

We'll be their pet gimp.

It is simply impossible to accept.

And CANNOT be allowed to happen.
Some of our fanbase want this in exchange for the 4th place cup which we still might not even get if villa beat palace.

Reminder to those who think 4th means we automatically push on, we beat Woolwich to 4th just 2 years ago and look at what’s happened since.

Our summer window shouldn’t be dictated by getting 4th or 5th, players these days are tempted more by money and location than they are wether you’re playing champions league or not.

This poll result is pathetic.

How far we have fallen that we wish for defeat in order to spite our rivals. That’s a sad state of affairs.

We should never wish our club to lose for such reasons. Woolwich winning the league exists outside our project and trajectory. In fact, another North London club winning might actually give this club the kick up the arse it needs.

Shame on anyone who wants us to lose, given we can still make the CL.

Pathetic.
3 messages in 9 years and this is what you've got,?!!.......🤣🤣
Fuck off gooner twat!

Ridiculous.
Impossible! Some things are more important than a single Football game and you need to look at the bigger picture!
When we were in the CL final every Gooner I spoke to said they would happily have lost in Europe if if meant we lost the CL , sometimes I feel they get the rivalries more than us and not just the fans, its sad really as every since I went to my first NLD since Judas went across to the dark side ( I was about 11) I got what it was to be a Spurs fan and that was to have a deep ingrained hatred of the gooners, it wasn't optional it was part of the contract and I have had a hated the cunts ever since! I won't even wear red because its their colours and to think that we have the chance of stopping them from winning the league tonight and some of us don't want to take that is crazy, but each to their own I guess.
The good thing is I genuinely don't think we stand a chance against this City team regardless so no point in wasting time arguing but for the record I would happily finish 17th if it meant they lost the league!
Ridiculous

Spurs fans cheering on City tonight would be making a laughing stock of the club world wide. Imagine any players who we might want to sign in the Summer watching fans supporting a rival. Posters talk of the bigger picture, that would be a dreadful example of a bigger picture.

Spurs fans cheering on City tonight would be making a laughing stock of the club world wide. Imagine any players who we might want to sign in the Summer watching fans supporting a rival. Posters talk of the bigger picture, that would be a dreadful example of a bigger picture.

Your trolling is very poor. Come on. Up your game.

2/10.

Nah...bollocks. I genuinely find the people who need to contextualise the support and passion of following a football team in regards life and death as frankly silly. The rivalry is to be embraced and enjoyed. There's no points and no right way.

How big shall we go people? How macro how micro? Our lives in the cosmic scheme of stars going nova, the birth of galaxies,the formation of plants is but a tinkling. In the span of the history of our own small satellite our entire species has been around for seven minutes in a twenty four hour cycle. You wanting Spurs to lose so Woolwich win the league means zip.

I have lost: parents, lovers, jobs, and games to Mancity. They are seperate and unalienable things. They carry different weights and if the posters on here think that all the fans happy to take the L don't know that....Well they are even more pompous than their facile thinking indicates.
As long as I can remember football has been a big part of my life - I watch read and think about it every day - I live in Birmingham and have barely missed a home game in years I travel all over the country and Europe to watch Tottenham but at the end of the day it’s a game of football

Back
Top Bottom