****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
If the only reason you want us to lose is because you "fear" the stick you'll get from Woolwich fans, take a moment to consider the stick you'll get from every fan, including them, for wanting your own fucking club to miss out on bigger things just spite another club.

Absolute definition of small club mentality.
Personally, I don't "fear the stick", but I absolutely detest Woolwich, and I'd take much more glee in seeing them miss out on the title because of us losing to City than I would seeing us maybe get 4th place this season...

In an ideal world we'd have taken positive action to prevent them winning the league by beating them weeks ago, but we are where we are.

If the players, after rolling over for Newcastle, Woolwich, Chelsea, and Liverpool on the spin, games where the fanbase unanimously wanted us to win, then turn up and beat Manchester City tonight, given the ramifications, I would seriously question their mentality tbh.

And I'm pissed off at Ange, the guy seems to have spent the whole season saying he didn't give a shit about winning, or 4th place, or anything after 1st place, and now he's all about giving a shit about winning a nothing match.

Cheers mate.

:ange-confused:

I had a real good thinking about Ange and the players and how they will perform tonight.

First and foremost, the manager and the players are professionals, they will go on the pitch to do their job, they're paid decent wages. I do not expect anything more than 50% commitment everywhere on the pitch tonight.

COYC

And just FYI, scum fans have been buying tickets that spurs fans have resold - preferring to just give it a miss, altogether - and will be in the stadium cheering us on.

Just think about that for a minute.
I have.

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

Can I just come out and say it? I take far more enjoyment out of their pain than I do out of our success.

Sad but true. Most of my enjoyment out of us doing well is knowing they a looking on.

Never known a game like this.

Postecoglou and our fcukwit players have left themselves wide fcuking open.

We should be nowhere near this fcuking predicanent. Absolute sh!t show since the Villa match.

I am absolutely seething and this twit might just put our best side out instead of talking injuries that need a few days of rest.

Bo!!icks

This poll result is pathetic.

How far we have fallen that we wish for defeat in order to spite our rivals. That’s a sad state of affairs.

We should never wish our club to lose for such reasons. Woolwich winning the league exists outside our project and trajectory. In fact, another North London club winning might actually give this club the kick up the arse it needs.

Shame on anyone who wants us to lose, given we can still make the CL.

Pathetic.

What difference does making the CL make?

Fucking horrible situation and a virtually unique predicament that bitter irony has sought to bestow on Spurs of all clubs............ Wanting us to lose goes against every fiber of my support as my mantra has always been 'Whatever benefits Spurs > all else'. I've tried not to tie myself in knots over it all until all the chips had fallen on Sunday & Monday, but now we're here. Similarly; I've reserved judgement of others on this one because no-one wants this shit-sandwich.

Ultimately the relief of Arse not winning the league will surpass the immediate upside of a single season's CL qualification and my 'hand' has been forced thus.

I'll be watching tonight due to a perverse, unhealthy addiction to this club/sport.

........But no fucking chance I'm gonna be sat rallying behind the cheating petro-cunts that are ruining the EPL.

AIRFIXX IS SUPPORTING CITTYYYY

Personally....... I think it's really sad the degree of conflict it has caused. Seeing genuine passionate, partisan, long term fans tearing each other up over a cruel dose of fixture sheduling is a damn shame.
I do agree although I literally witnessed someone yesterday on here say they would rather the scum win it than City and I can't defend that at all.

I understand why people don't want us to lose and I can see the perspective of why people may think CL qualification is more important (because they think it will have a bigger impact on the club than Woolwich winning the league) but even if we do win; the CL is not a sure bet, it's still unlikely imo.

I also believe that Woolwich winning the league at this point in time will have a huge impact on us as a football club both in the market and on a popularity level in terms of bringing more supporters in and the impact it will have on them as a club will be huge, they would have broken the "bottler" tag and finished above a team looking to win their 4th PL in a row, it will go down as a huge achievment, something that, if we do win tonight, we would have likely handed to them on a plate.

I don't think the possible chance of CL football is worth all of the above and that's not even getting into the state of the media/social media around our club after them winning it and social dynamics of it all or even just the simple fact on an emotional level we fucking hate them and I can't think of anything worse than watching them lift that trophy.

It's a real mess but I truly believe anybody who loves this football club would understand all of the above.

I’ve seen this floating about too, not sure if they’ve been scammed but how are they doing that? Not a chance this would go to general sale no matter how many tickets are on the exchange?

Proper shit situation all round, but either way I can’t see us beating them after the shite we’ve seen over the last 2 months.

They would have had to register for CRNs a few weeks ago in anticipation of this scenario.

They can't just hop on, grab a CRN and buy a ticket today... There is a registration I.D. check process that takes time.

Can we split this thread in two?

One for people who are OK with us gifting the league to Cuntbubble FC and being goaded by them about it until the end of time.

Other for Spurs fans.

I do agree although I literally witnessed someone yesterday on here say they would rather the scum win it than City and I can't defend that at all.

I understand why people don't want us to lose and I can see the perspective of why people may think CL qualification is more important (because they think it will have a bigger impact on the club than Woolwich winning the league) but even if we do win; the CL is not a sure bet, it's still unlikely imo.

I also believe that Woolwich winning the league at this point in time will have a huge impact on us as a football club both in the market and on a popularity level in terms of bringing more supporters in and the impact it will have on them as a club will be huge, they would have broken the "bottler" tag and finished above a team looking to win their 4th PL in a row, it will go down as a huge achievment, something that, if we do win tonight, we would have likely handed to them on a plate.

I don't think the possible chance of CL football is worth all of the above and that's not even getting into the state of the media/social media around our club after them winning it and social dynamics of it all or even just the simple fact on an emotional level we fucking hate them and I can't think of anything worse than watching them lift that trophy.

It's a real mess but I truly believe anybody who loves this football club would understand all of the above.

Exactly all that plus hot pepper sauce and an ice cold coke.

Sure... There's extreme takes on both side as with every issue; but there's precious little middle ground here........... There's a hardline majority in this instance.

I get it...... I hate the fucking filth.

Only we could be even worrird sbout beating a juggernaut that have only been felled by their fiercest rivals and Real Madrid in the last 2 months

All whilst we have messed the bed.

The players must be on lose bonuses surely.

Back
Top Bottom