Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just re-watched the pen decision.

So fucking ridicolous.

1) Handball is punishable if it is DELIBERATE. Was it? No.

2) The distance from the ball to the player has to be taken into account, i.e. if the player is close to the ball, therefore having no time to move the arm, it’s not a pen. Sterling fired the ball from 1 meter away from Rose! It reached him before he could even blink.

3) No City player even made any fucking claims for penalty!

4) Cunt ref(s)

Even though Hugo saved the pen (good save tbf to him), I’m fuming at that decision.

VAR is fucked. I bet city fans didn’t even think that was a pen in real time. It’s only when it’s played back in slow mo it’s “debatable”. Even bt pundits are saying it’s not a pen. VAR forces the ref to make a decision. A decision he didn’t agree with initially. This Peter Walton is a fucking dickhead who should be locked up for being an absolute cunt.

All things considered... even game, COYS.

Everything looks worse in slo mo.

Not sure if we realise enough how vulnerable at times a back-four of Walker - Otamendi - Laporte - Delph is, we should be able to score 1 or 2 goals today and we need them as well.

Good first half, press is working brilliantly. I've been hard on Dele but he's been on it tonight. I'll take a 0-0 with no away goal but much prefer a win here. It's there for the taking, let's take it!

Just re-watched the pen decision.

So fucking ridicolous.

1) Handball is punishable if it is DELIBERATE. Was it? No.

2) The distance from the ball to the player has to be taken into account, i.e. if the player is close to the ball, therefore having no time to move the arm, it’s not a pen. Sterling fired the ball from 1 meter away from Rose! It reached him before he could even blink.

3) No City player even made any fucking claims for penalty!

4) Cunt ref(s)
Rule is: if a shot on goal or a possible assist is blocked by an arm, it's a penalty if the arm isn't against the players body

I still think the decision was very harsh for the reasons you said though!

Back
Top Bottom