Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big, loud night at the Lane..

1-0 about right I think. Still haven’t seen the ‘handball’ as I’m on the way home. Sounds like a load of VAR bollocks anyway - but we’ll done Hugo!

Son caused them problems all night. They didn’t like Dele’s movement and I thought Winks played yet another CL blinder. Mentions for Trippier and Sissoko too.

Shame if Kane is fucked. I’ll just savour the win for now and focus on beating Huddersfield on Saturday - hope the players do too

Well done everyone tonight - we were loud and magnificent COYS

Great game. I would have taken 0-0 or even 1-1.
Looks like the fans made it in after the trains were screwed up, imagine missing half the game if you had to take other routes

Why the fuck is this site so hard to copy stuff to..
I've got the whole to dare is to do from the Paxton looking at the white wall as it appears from right to left..happy to send the video to any one who can post it..its immense

Can't have enough super passionate players like him in your team, it's not all about skills and talent (he is clearly very talented as well of course).
Absolutely mate-he is a proper lilywhite through and through. Would absolutely love another couple of gems coming through the youth teams to make it to the first team too, worth their weight in gold when it really comes down to it!

Spot on mate! Fine margins. If aguero scores that pen and we lose 1-0... imagine this forum! No excuses, VAR is gonna ruin football unless it’s implemented correctly. It’s not ready.
It’s not fit for purpose. The ref missing Rose was a clear and obvious error, but that cowardly cunt Fernandinho assaulting Kane wasn’t? If it’s done fairly I have no issue with technology helping immediate and important decisions. But the cunt on the video machine is equally capable of fucking it up as the ref is in real time.

Just got in (the Tottenham Hale rather than seven sisters if you're heading south advice is well worth taking into consideration)

1) Wow. Just wow. As someone who went to both Palace and tonight, I feel like tonight was the night the new stadium really arrived. Thought I was in South end from ticket and realised I got it wrong. Felt initial disappointment, but honestly the whole stadium was awesome... Loud, proud, genuinely only heard city fans about twice (thought they were pathetic by the way). Just brilliant support and well done to all involved.

2) Team performance was just brilliant. City genuinely looked spooked. All that chat from De Bruyne about 'its just a building'... All well and good if you show up. They didn't. Not saying they won't go through eventually, but whatever happens il never forget tonight. They were rocked, and this stadium at full voice will do that to much worse teams than City.

3) Only negative point... I was sitting in the front front row of block 111 (north stand). Saw 2 people get ejected almost at random for persistent standing. Can kinda understand the championing for people sitting down in North stand (I personally would rather stand, but knew I wouldn't get away with it in that area so followed suit), but to pick on a couple of people when there were hundreds standing seemed unfair.

Anyway, COYS, and it's set up for a hell of a night in Manchester in a couple of weeks

It’s not fit for purpose. The ref missing Rose was a clear and obvious error, but that cowardly cunt Fernandinho assaulting Kane wasn’t? If it’s done fairly I have no issue with technology helping immediate and important decisions. But the cunt on the video machine is equally capable of fucking it up as the ref is in real time.
This is the problem, technology can be good ie goal line tech, offside, ball out of play but ateotd every other decision is made by humans and humans can be wrong-just like a fucking ref!

This is the problem, technology can be good ie goal line tech, offside, ball out of play but ateotd every other decision is made by humans and humans can be wrong-just like a fucking ref!
It boiled my piss tonight. I just hope that because the ref didn’t see it, the dim cunt in the VAR room missed it & no fucker in the pub apart from me was ranting about it, then retrospective action can and will be taken. It was vile shithousing. Proper cowardly.

"Oh what a night"
"Guido's battered on a Tuesday night"

What a game.
What a stadium.
What a team.
What a brilliant set of supporters, all four side rocking for the entire game!
WInks MOTM
Sissoko not far behind
Rose was superb as too were Toby & Jan.

You don't get this in Woolwich or Manchester, City fans are shite!

What the fuck does Fernandinho have to do to actually get booked? Decapitate a player?

Up The Spurs!!!!!

Suggestion:

If the referees “can’t” get it right on their own with VAR, give each team 2 “call opportunities” per game to force VAR to be applied to a situation

Like they do in hockey and volleybal I( think)

Back
Top Bottom