Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

D3vd7RGXkAAbJIB
Who was the miserable cunt who said it was naff/wouldn’t work/no thanks?
Looks pretty fine to me.

It’s not fit for purpose. The ref missing Rose was a clear and obvious error, but that cowardly cunt Fernandinho assaulting Kane wasn’t? If it’s done fairly I have no issue with technology helping immediate and important decisions. But the cunt on the video machine is equally capable of fucking it up as the ref is in real time.
How is the cunt on the video machine capable of fucking up though. If I was the video ref, I'd have picked on that and had the red card shown to the cunt. So would you. So would anyone else. How its missed is beyond ridiculous. There is nothing unclear or unobvious about it. The video machine did its job. The human using the video machine made an unthinkably stupid decision. What they need is better refs.

Just got home - well worth the 6 hours of driving!

The two city guys who caught a lift, were totally blown away by our new gaff, and said we were so loud, they had to shout at each other to hear what they were saying. Hope it came across well on the telly.

Mature performance, loved it.

Always a pleasure, Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor 😉

Yeah lol.

"Outside his body". They used to say in "an unnatural position", but Rose's arm is very much in a natural position - what to do? Apply a new wording, of course, and it's a pen. Brilliant, Mr. Clattenburg.

Unless of course it is natural to dive in to the ball like a fucking torpedo with your arms glued to the side.
Well he doesnt have to dive like a torpedo but then when he dives normal and his arms block the shot, its a penalty.

Just like you can tackle however you like in the box, but if your perfect technique tackle takes out the player instead of the ball, its a penalty.

Imagine this happens on the goal line. Defender slides in to block the shot but instead stops the shot with his hand. We arent going to say no goal and no penalty when a definite goal is stopped by a hand.

Must go to sleep as I have to be up in the morning to go to work, but still buzzing . So looking forward to Saturday, that's what the new stadium has done to me!

One last thing before I try to sleep-hats off to hugo and trippier, been slaggin them off a lot this season but they stood tall tonight and fair play to them.

Amazing night-too many beers and too much brandy but tomorrows work don't matter lads and ladies;)

Amazing

Well he doesnt have to dive like a torpedo but then when he dives normal and his arms block the shot, its a penalty.

Just like you can tackle however you like in the box, but if your perfect technique tackle takes out the player instead of the ball, its a penalty.

Imagine this happens on the goal line. Defender slides in to block the shot but instead stops the shot with his hand. We arent going to say no goal and no penalty when a definite goal is stopped by a hand.
Exactly. For me it was a penalty, it really is hard to have any complaints. If it had been the other way and gone against us we'd be absolutely livid, and rightly so.

What made the whole thing a sham obviously though was that rat Fernandinho being inexplicably allowed to get away with his elbow with not even a referral to VAR. Watching that UEFA doped buffoon on BT try and explain it away was absolutely comical.

I really like VAR and on the whole I think it does make the game fairer, but the fact it seems to still be so subjective is a big problem.

Exactly. For me it was a penalty, it really is hard to have any complaints. If it had been the other way and gone against us we'd be absolutely livid, and rightly so.
Seriously ? Could not disagree more. Never a penalty in a million years and please don't assume 'we' would be livid the other way round. I wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow if one of our shots had been blocked like that - much like the fans, players, and ref at the game.

Fucking justice it was saved. Plenty to complain about if that's the kind of shit which constitutes handball these days.

Last edited:

What made the whole thing a sham obviously though was that rat Fernandinho being inexplicably allowed to get away with his elbow with not even a referral to VAR. Watching that UEFA doped buffoon on BT try and explain it away was absolutely comical.

I really like VAR and on the whole I think it does make the game fairer, but the fact it seems to still be so subjective is a big problem.
And thats where the problem is. You cant have buffoons doing VAR. Im 100% pro VAR, but if the videorefs arent going to see clear and obvious things like that fernandinho cunt , that any normal person would see on video, then there is no point in having it.

Seriously ? Could not disagree more. Never a penalty in a million years and please don't assume 'we' would be livid the other way round. I wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow if one of our shots had been blocked like that - much like the fans, players, and ref at the game.

Fucking justice it was saved. Plenty to complain about if that's the kind of shit which constitutes handball these days.
It was a penalty. Next leg, if Son takes a shot and at the goal line Fernandinho slides in to block and stops it with his arm (not deliberately of course, in the same position as Rose's was), no one is going to jump in and say its not a penalty and forget about the definite goal that was going to be scored. Because it would be penalty and this one was too.

Back
Top Bottom