Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's time to go with what most would consider to be our strongest front 6.
N dom PEH Lo celso
Bale Kane Son
This international break was good for bale. Looking sharper getting match fitness back it's time to give him a run and get him back to his best imo. Same goes for lo celso. Appreciate what Moussa does but a fit lo celso brings so much to this team.

Do we know if Mendy is fit? If not they have to shoehorn someone into left back, Cancelo has been playing there and hasn’t been up to much

Cancelo has been pretty good, in my opinion

Especially as someone who isn't a left back by trade.

I think I'd much rather we were up against Mendy.

I'd much rather Mendy play. Cancelo is very tricky going forward, cuts inside a lot and has good ability for chance creation.

Not understanding the sissoko selections . He is fucking useless

La celso
Ndombele Hojbjerg

we need that player to link up the defence to our attack when we hit on the counter , with a one hit pass . Sissoko can’t do that

Discipline and physicality.

The truth on Sissoko is that he wins the ball from the opposition as well as Dembele did but not as well as Wamyana. The obvious downside is his usage of the ball and so today will be an interesting one.

We could see Winks alongside Hjojberg and Ndombele because of the bit above. We have to be controlled but aggressive and not give the ball away too cheaply.

Last edited:
Thank fuck club football's back. Would bite your hand off for a draw. Over the moon with a win.

COYS!

Agree on the draw, with an element of believing Guardiola would happily take that as well.

City look like they might be building some momentum. It would be good to crush it completely but if not then to pause it would be fine.

I think it's time to go with what most would consider to be our strongest front 6.
N dom PEH Lo celso
Bale Kane Son
This international break was good for bale. Looking sharper getting match fitness back it's time to give him a run and get him back to his best imo. Same goes for lo celso. Appreciate what Moussa does but a fit lo celso brings so much to this team.
I'd be surprised if Jose gives that a try in such a big game having not done so (albeit not been able to do so) in previous games. If Aurier plays, which seems likely, then surely Jose will want Sissoko's presence to fill the gaps and slow City down when Aurier has bombed forward. Meanwhile Bale hasn't quite looked really at it yet - hopefully that will come very soon, but we haven't seen it yet, particularly without the ball, so it would be quite a risk to take today to play Bale and Aurier but not Sissoko. (I absolutely accept Lo Celso definitely does more than his fair share defensively too- just not in quite the same way as Sissoko... Lo Celso is more of a 'try to get a foot in and win it' defender than just 'slow them down' or 'force them wide' etc).

So personally I'm expecting Moura and Sissoko rather than Bale and Lo Celso. But wouldn't be unhappy with either, given the likely nature of the game.. All offer something that could be of great use to us today.

Discipline and physicality.

The truth on Sissoko is that he wins the ball from the opposition as well as Dembele did but not as well as Wamyana. The obvious downside is his usage of the ball and so today will be an interesting one.

We could see Winks alongside Hjojberg and Ndombele becausec9f the bit above. We have to be controlled but aggressive and not give the ball away too cheaply.
Please god not Winks.

Fair play, maybe I’m wrong on Cancelo but haven’t been impressed really. Better off with a right back playing left back than an actual left back though in my book

I think you either start him or he stays on the bench unless we're running riot.... I can't see that you bring him on if the game is tightly poised; nor if we're trying to see the game out.
Or if we are chasing a goal having the option of bringing on Bale for the last half hour is not to shabby

Team seems to pick itself, most people here and in the media predicting the same 11. Counterintuitively, that makes me feel like Jose might surprise us somehow.

I'd be surprised if Jose gives that a try in such a big game having not done so (albeit not been able to do so) in previous games. If Aurier plays, which seems likely, then surely Jose will want Sissoko's presence to fill the gaps and slow City down when Aurier has bombed forward. Meanwhile Bale hasn't quite looked really at it yet - hopefully that will come very soon, but we haven't seen it yet, particularly without the ball, so it would be quite a risk to take today to play Bale and Aurier but not Sissoko. (I absolutely accept Lo Celso definitely does more than his fair share defensively too- just not in quite the same way as Sissoko... Lo Celso is more of a 'try to get a foot in and win it' defender than just 'slow them down' or 'force them wide' etc).

So personally I'm expecting Moura and Sissoko rather than Bale and Lo Celso. But wouldn't be unhappy with either, given the likely nature of the game.. All offer something that could be of great use to us today.
He may well go with that and wouldn't be surprised myself with what you say and think it's more likely. I do think we could use the team I suggested today and for that side to produce a performance. It's a tough run of fixtures so I think I'd rather go for it now and get bale and lo celso at 100% as early as we can as that would only benefit the team imo.

He's right you know. That oil rigging money grabber was 'injured' for the last round of matches. He didn't miss a single game with the oil riggers mind. Same this round. What a cont lol!

Or if we are chasing a goal having the option of bringing on Bale for the last half hour is not to shabby
In theory, yes, but my point being..... If tightly poised and otherwise playing well, bringing him on risks upsetting the balance in terms of pressing, workrate etc; leaving the backdoor open for (eg) 1-0 to become 2-0 and likely game over (It would feel like bringing a 2nd striker if replacing Lucas or Lamela)....

I'd start him.

You lot dreaming about Spurs results!!
I woke up in a panic .. I dreamt I totally fucked up the first tee shot at an ex England managers charity golf day!

okay it’s gone midday.. let’s drink

Back
Top Bottom