Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You lot dreaming about Spurs results!!
I woke up in a panic .. I dreamt I totally fucked up the first tee shot at an ex England managers charity golf day!

okay it’s gone midday.. let’s drink
I’ll give you panic...

I shit you not last night I dreamt I got jiggy with a bird who I later discovered was a geezer. Now THAT is panic. Unless you’re into that kind of thing of course.

No arguments. No debates. Gareth Bale starts today if fit. He starts with Kane and Son in all our big games. Lucas and Bergwijn good squad players, but squad players at best. Bale starts for me all the time

No arguments. No debates. Gareth Bale starts today if fit. He starts with Kane and Son in all our big games. Lucas and Bergwijn good squad players, but squad players at best. Bale starts for me all the time
But is he really fully fit, that's the question. His work-rate in the last few games has certainly suggested that he isn't. He hasn't always seemed that sharp either. I don't think anyone doubts that a fully fit and firing Bale starts, but we haven't seen either yet, so it would be a bit of a risk to start him and hope that we get both those things today.

That said obviously Jose has had a day or so (not much more than that) to judge Bale's fitness and sharpness levels - I guess much depends on what he's seen in that (very limited) period...

PS There ARE arguments and debates, as it's all a matter of opinion. It would be pretty boring if a robot could simply calculate the best players and best tactics to win matches. ;)

I hear Ferran Torres name. Up and coming hot Spanial on the heels of hat trick blah blah. Hope Kane and Son will make him look like an up and coming punk today.

3:1 Spurs and Mou pats peps bold head after the whistle

I'd be a bit surprised if Aguero starts for them even if he's fit given he hasn't played since 24 October. I expect we'll see him as a sub.

Not sure this is the match to try out the Gio-PEH-Ndombele midfield. I think we'll start with Sissoko-PEH-Ndombele (likely Ndombele as a 10). Like it or not we'll probably be playing on the counter and defending for large chunks and Sissoko is frequently used to cover Aurier who will be starting for COVID reasons.

The more interesting lineup decision is the CB one. Do we stick with Toby-Dier who have been reliable against poor opposition? Or bring in Sanchez to deal with Sterling's Pace? I'd stick with what has been working even if they are a risk.

I think we have a good shot at winning though. City have struggled so far this year to create scoring chances (they are 10th in xG table) but have actually been defending well post the Leicester meltdown. I think it's a perfect recipe for us inviting them in and nailing them on the counter.

2-1 Spurs.

City
Chelsea
Woolwich

Out of the upcoming EPL 3 matches, how many points do you expect?
I dream of 9, but 4 out of 9 is the very least I would be somewhat happy with

Nerves starting to hit now.

Just keep thinking about how poor we have been from set pieces and the fact they have de Bruyne taking theirs. The fact that they can turn it on at some point and it'd be just like us for them to turn it on against us. Thinking back to the home game last season where they absolutely battered us but we rode the storm, they went down to 10 men and we then stole it 2-0 and thinking we just aren't going to get that lucky...

Back
Top Bottom