Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought the half time commentary was so poor and showed what shite they were talking when we came out for the second half.

Really positive performance, especially after we relaxed 20 mins in.

Littler adjustments at half time Really just shut them up.

When Bentancur returns our midfield is going to have so many options it's unreal.

sorry I deleted this before and still curious!
Celtic fan here coming in peace. Genuinely curious about where the opinion stands on Big Ange now? We obviously heard a lot of negativity so wondering if the jury is still out or are more fans getting won over.

Some of the football tonight has been a joy to watch. You have a few more spurs fans up north these days. All the best for the season

Before the season started I thought "typical Levy, got a cheap yes-man in from a crap league, we will sell Kane and be terrible."

Then I watched the friendly against Barca and I was impressed with what Ange was trying to do. Was impressed with the second half v Brentford (not the first) and impressed with the second half again today.

Also, the guy isn't like Ozzie (Ardilles) was for us, it isn't all out attack. There is some pragmatism too, it's a good balance. So I have gone from having zero optimism to being cautiously optimistic, and the caution is based on us still needing players and the history of Levy fucking a manager when the opportunity is there for the club to push forward.

Tldr, Ange is better than I thought!

Had to go out for Grandsons Birthday party and the whole family are united fans , all phones banned from table , just got home for all to see the hi lights and COYS , COYS , love the way we are starting to play football again , well done guys, love it .
Not even a sneaky peak under the table to make the conversation a little warmer?

I hope I don't come up against you in a knife fight.

Could Scarlett step up?
Maybe, early to tell though, I really think he needs more minutes for a professional side. Kane never set the world on fire anywhere on loan but those minutes were undoubtedly crucial for his development to get where he needs to be. Orban may have been playing in farmers leagues but he's playing against adults and still looks the business, Scarlett was very underwhelming last season at Pompey and needs another move to a good championship side to show what he can do IMO. Not writing him off but I'd say Veliz is probably ahead of him as a prospect just based off what he's been doing in Argentina and the fact that if we look to loan him in Jan it will probably be top division teams on the continent interested in bringing him in.

You know what he'll do though, he'll say we don't need any more signings...

I can only hope he sees the lost opportunities of his old ways, and 2 players isn’t too much to ask I hope…

black and white please GIF

ETH moaning about the first half penalty that wasn't given. At what point does this guy make sense?
mqdefault.jpg
I'd probably be a bit aggrieved as well tbh, if that wasn't given against us we would be up in arms on this forum.
However was wiped by the stonewall one Romero was denied so he should quit his fucking whining basically, we outplayed them, simple as. Gotta bury those chances Rashford and Bruno had on a plate. Losers.

Had a bit of temp emergency so missed the game. Can someone sum up please

Fairly even 1st half..... United had better chances but we hit the bar twice.
2nd half.... Bossed it; made United look shit and old.

MF was sexy as fuck
Vic did a lot to quieten his doubters.
Front 3 still ain't quite clicked, but no bad performances
Good subs by the big-man.

Back
Top Bottom