Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching again on SpursPlay, it's a delight listening to Rob and Clive after putting up with Sky and Gary Neville making it all about United.

A couple of things standing out for me...

- Our much-maligned front three were loads better than I realised at the time. Son and Kulu had excellent games. Richi was less fortunate but he never stopped working, dragging defenders out of position. I'm pretty certain his anger after being subbed was frustration at himself (and his bad luck at just missing out on a stunning 1-2) rather than directed at Ange.

- The refereeing was insane. Rob and Clive were tearing their hair out. Pretty much every 30% foul challenge went against us. United were given the benefit of the doubt in pretty much every 70% foul challenge they made. How Martínez's challenge on Romero wasn't a penalty I'll never know.

Last edited:
Just watching again on SpursPlay, its a delight listening to Rob and Clive after putting up with Sky and Gary Neville making it all about United.

- Our much-maligned front three were loads better than I realised at the time. Son and Kulu had excellent games. Richi was less fortunate but he never stopped working, dragging defenders out of position. I'm pretty certain his anger after being subbed was frustration at himself (and his bad luck at just missing out on a stunning 1-1) rather than directed at Ange.

- The refereeing was insane. Rob and Clive were tearing their hair out. Pretty much every 30% foul challenge went against us. United were given the benefit of the doubt in pretty much every 70% foul challenge they made. How Martínez's challenge on Romero wasn't a penalty I'll never know.

I deep dive Spursplay for my ratings. I also much prefer the commentary duo. Clive Allen very sharp and informative.

Cheers! Apparently that was what I wanted to do on my birthday.

I couldn’t have gone anyway because my car was nicked off my driveway three weeks ago. Turns out keyless entry/start isn’t such a good idea after all.

It really isn't. Deal with so many of these, criminals target them as they're so easy to hack in to. Even if you use a lock on your steering wheel they just cut through it easily.

What kind of car was it? Any tracker? Usually they rip them out so I would recommend that people get external trackers put in.

Keyless range rovers are the main target. See so many of those get nicked in London.

Just watching again on SpursPlay, its a delight listening to Rob and Clive after putting up with Sky and Gary Neville making it all about United.

- Our much-maligned front three were loads better than I realised at the time. Son and Kulu had excellent games. Richi was less fortunate but he never stopped working, dragging defenders out of position. I'm pretty certain his anger after being subbed was frustration at himself (and his bad luck at just missing out on a stunning 1-1) rather than directed at Ange.

I watched just the second half, and yeah the ref was biased as fuck.

Overall, we were like a sloppy version of what Ange wants, but it's still very encouraging, cos we were much better on the ball than United and our fitness/workrate was on a completely different level. Crushed their spirits with just much better we were.

There are two big potential areas of improvement. Maddison needs to play the through ball to Son on the counter quicker.

VDV needs to better on set pieces. He was left for dust on the Casemiro header, miles behind the play and he never had one good set piece moment I can remember. Was a bit suspect on the Rashford header too.

One of the best things I saw was the Tottenham home support. They made noise, they got involved and didn't take any crap from the referee! It was great to see and it lifted the players to put out a terrific display!

The Spurs fans were my M.O.T.M.

What case are you actually resting? 😂 The fact that you're quoting givemesport as some sort of credible evidence and mocking Ali Gold tells me how utterley clueless you really are, you should be embarrassed.

If you believe that all journos are lying through their teeth then why use them as some sort of evidence for your story? So all you've done is make up some BS then back it up with more BS from from journos who you acknowledge that are actual BS'ers - clown show 🤡

Everyone has their right to an opinion you try and use it as fact and lie through your fucking teeth, that's not how it works.

Yeah Levy deserves criticism blah blah but so does Conte especially for the job he did last season, you ought to open your mind and realise that 2 things can be true, just because I go at one doesn't mean it's at the expense of the other, I don't even know what this has to do with your original post anyway.

Also yet again another lie, I don't think I always slag off Jose on here, I wasn't even on the forum when he was our manager ffs

Clown show 🤡🤡
Mute.

:ange-facepalm2::ange-facepalm:.

It really isn't. Deal with so many of these, criminals target them as they're so easy to hack in to. Even if you use a lock on your steering wheel they just cut through it easily.

What kind of car was it? Any tracker? Usually they rip them out so I would recommend that people get external trackers put in.

Keyless range rovers are the main target. See so many of those get nicked in London.
Kia Stinger GT-Line S. No tracker. I’m getting a Ghost immobiliser on the new one.

Back
Top Bottom