Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last 2 games have lifted a huge weight off the fans shoulders. Conte was the 2nd worst appointment in the last 25 years (Jose was worse). He didn't GET Tottenham at all. We want to see attacking, exciting football, and a trophy please.
Ange UNDERSTANDS this club already.

Great game! Im super new to football, this is my first post ever here. I live in the states… Dunno why I picked the spurs but here I am lol everyone over this way seems to like Woolwich or manchester united so I guess I like to go against the grain. Been lurking here about a month or so, Love reading all the insight here and getting up to speed on the game so thanks everyone.

I got to follow the first 2 games and have liked what I’ve seen thus far this season , hopefully a reflection of the new coach. In my extremely novice opinion it Seems like we have controlled possession quite well both games and could very easily be 2-0! Hope it keeps up and hope i can bring some luck to the spurs moving forth :)
Welcome vict... Err mate.

I'm not gonna bang on about it too much, cos there's another game in a few days, and we all know it could go tits up at ANY moment with us...
But I have to say, Saturday's game had a real Poch pomp feel about it.... It had shades of the last game at WHL against them.... It had the feelgood factor slapped all over it....

We (the team AND the fans) were immense....
It had all the hallmarks of a New Dawn.... but we all know - as rational, and battle hardened Spurs fans - not to expect too much too soon...

But the shoots of recovery are clearly there for all to see!

Interesting sidenote: How did we go from one of the oldest teams in the PL, to one of the youngest in the space of ONE SUMMER?
:kanehand: :hugoshock::dier:

OK... this may have been partly self inflicted, but I have a confession about Saturdays' game:
Although I WAS DEFINITELY there, I had absolutely no recollection of Hoijberg coming on...

It's only when I got home and watched the highlights on MOTD that I realised that PEH was on the pitch celebrating our 2nd goal...
Where and when the fuck did HE come on?!

Anyone else been at a game where they've missed summit that happened during the game?

(I have a mate who was also at the '91 Cup final, and had absolutely no idea Gazza had gone off injured, as he was in the toilet when it happened, and only came running back up the stairs when Pearce scored that Free Kick!!) He only realised at HT....

THAT kinda thing!

I'm not gonna bang on about it too much, cos there's another game in a few days, and we all know it could go tits up at ANY moment with us...
But I have to say, Saturday's game had a real Poch pomp feel about it.... It had shades of the last game at WHL against them.... It had the feelgood factor slapped all over it....

We (the team AND the fans) were immense....
It had all the hallmarks of a New Dawn.... but we all know - as rational, and battle hardened Spurs fans - not to expect too much too soon...

But the shoots of recovery are clearly there for all to see!

Interesting sidenote: How did we go from one of the oldest teams in the PL, to one of the youngest in the space of ONE SUMMER?
:kanehand: :hugoshock::dier:
I was mulling on the new dawn vibe too. I thought that it was the happiest and most hopeful it’s felt at the new ground. There was a bit of a lift when we moved in from the Wembley toxicity but Poch’s team was on a downward trajectory that pretty quickly blew up. Then divisive managers plus covid haven’t really helped bring the love. Ange’s appointment feels like a proper new start and a chance to really make it home. It was the most positive I’ve felt the crowd, pretty good on the singing front and no hate. Long may it last - tho obv need to bring the hate for a few games depending on who we’re playing!

Am I the only one wondering whether the MU game was a bit lucky?

I think Spurs were overwhelmingly the better team second half, but it could've been different if they'd scored first and got something to defend.

Want to see a really dominant away performance this weekend... and that will send ripples through the Premier League.

I think Spurs were overwhelmingly the better team second half, but it could've been different if they'd scored first and got something to defend.

Want to see a really dominant away performance this weekend... and that will send ripples through the Premier League.
Always an element of luck to any match. Will always be moments where you need the rub.

Trick is to try to limit those moments and make as much of your own luck as you can by being pro-active and playing as far up the pitch us you can, limiting the opposition's time on the ball, etc.

Its why the minimum Ange-ball will do is help us on that basic level compared to the last few years.

Until we're fluent in Ange-ball, a little good fortune will do me just fine..... I don't expect us to dominate within just a few games.

Besides, we got stiffed against Brentford so you can't say we didn't deserve a little good fortune in the subsequent match.

We deserve to have 6 points right now, but 1 step at a time... It's so early for this team.

F4KJQlrWMAEqa76

That swings both ways though mate. Yes they could have got a goal or two, but we could have too. Scoring opportunities went both ways that first half.

I don't think anyone believes that our defence is impenetrable ATM, but there is a tendency to say "we were lucky they didn't score" whilst ignoring the comparable chances we had ourselves.

wasnt it only the bruno chance that they should have scored? rashford was offside wasnt he?

will be interesting to see if he changes anything slightly when chasing a game, id like to see madders and gio on at the same time. will need more intricate players in the final third and ones that can work in tight spaces too, maybe solomon. the son/rich/kulu will be a frustrating watch against a team camped in

I would say it's more down to a massive Vicario performance than luck.

I would say it's more down to a massive Vicario performance than luck.
Nothing to do with luck. Vicario made two saves. One from rashford when he stayed big and a header in the second half. The rest they missed the target or were offside. If our keeper only has two real saves to make every game then we will have an incredible season.

Back
Top Bottom