Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great game! Im super new to football, this is my first post ever here. I live in the states… Dunno why I picked the spurs but here I am lol everyone over this way seems to like Woolwich or manchester united so I guess I like to go against the grain. Been lurking here about a month or so, Love reading all the insight here and getting up to speed on the game so thanks everyone.

I got to follow the first 2 games and have liked what I’ve seen thus far this season , hopefully a reflection of the new coach. In my extremely novice opinion it Seems like we have controlled possession quite well both games and could very easily be 2-0! Hope it keeps up and hope i can bring some luck to the spurs moving forth :)

Great game! Im super new to football, this is my first post ever here. I live in the states… Dunno why I picked the spurs but here I am lol everyone over this way seems to like Woolwich or manchester united so I guess I like to go against the grain. Been lurking here about a month or so, Love reading all the insight here and getting up to speed on the game so thanks everyone.

I got to follow the first 2 games and have liked what I’ve seen thus far this season , hopefully a reflection of the new coach. In my extremely novice opinion it Seems like we have controlled possession quite well both games and could very easily be 2-0! Hope it keeps up and hope i can bring some luck to the spurs moving forth :)
Learn how to use the Smilies and you'll fit in just fine

:ange-clap: :bissoumahear::sonpoint:

Enjoy our balanced and sensitive Forum

Sticker Illustration GIF by Laura Salaberry

Welcome! If it's luck you bring with you, please stay as long as possible.

🤞

Why would you join this place?. We are all reprobates who moan at everything 🤣🤣🤣
Enjoy the insanity

Why would you join this place?. We are all reprobates who moan at everything 🤣🤣🤣
Enjoy the insanity

Lol. I follow another team from another sport whos won 6 championships since 2001 and their message board is nothing but the sky is falling, even during the title years. I check that forum each hour still. So guess Im a sucker for these things!

Bournemouth is always a nostalgic trip for me. I used to go their with mates on bank Holidays and sleep in the car in the early to mid seventies.
Kickabout in the park , lunchtime pint in the Quarterdeck, (now Harry Ramsden's by the pier) walk into a posh hotel's bogs in t shirt, cut down Levis and trainers, emerging shaved, stripped down washed, hair washed and dried with the hand driers, platform shoes, Lionels and fly away collar shirts, reeking of Brut or Hai Karate.
Big piece of my mum's Bread Pudding, that kept us all fed all weekend , beers in the Beer Keller or Pavilion then off to cause havoc among the fleshpots of the Chelsea Village, Cardinale or the Outlook.
To quote Rod Stewart, 'Valentinos, all of us. My dad said we looked ridiculous,, but boy, we had some fun.'
The epic pre season friendly where the town was over run with Spurs, getting boats out mobbing the town and infamously stealing a bus late at night. Yes, that really happened!
But that was yesterday, when I wore a younger man's clothes.

I've watched the match again, so I'll share some thoughts of things that I think were perhaps underdiscussed:

Kulu had one really good cross with his right foot at the start of the game, which Son sliced, outside of that both his and Son's crosses were woeful.

Udogie had a shaky game, particularly the first twenty minutes or so, he improved later but he still did not have a good game, and was rightly subbed off.

Porro on the other hand was actually really good, he did a really solid defensive work and his passes were actually really important, his through balls to Kulusevski were basically a solution to Kulu's difficulties with beating a man, and were crucial for the first goal. I'd actually put him as our fourth best player on the day, after Sarr, Biss, and Vicario.

Maddison really didn't do much outside of some great carries, and a couple of nice balls in the second half (including the pass to Perisic for the OG, which was a peach). Maybe it was because he was carrying an injury.

United won nearly every header in our box, Ange has to work on this.

Both Sarr's goal and his chance in the first half came from nearly exactly the same spot, the left side of the six yard box. In both he made a diagonal run, which is not easy to track, particularly with his pace.

Sarr did a terrific job covering our right side in the second half, something Skipp failed completely at vs Brentford.

Davies really struggled in his twenty minute cameo, and United got on the outside of him on three seperate occasions.

Son when put in Richarlison's position in the last twenty minutes had exactly the same issues Richarlison had, not getting any chances and struggling with the link up / hold up play.

Solomon looked good in his cameo, and something I didn't really notice in my first watch is that he bullied Casemiro off the ball before getting a good cross off.

Bournemouth is always a nostalgic trip for me. I used to go their with mates on bank Holidays and sleep in the car in the early to mid seventies.
Kickabout in the park , lunchtime pint in the Quarterdeck, (now Harry Ramsden's by the pier) walk into a posh hotel's bogs in t shirt, cut down Levis and trainers, emerging shaved, stripped down washed, hair washed and dried with the hand driers, platform shoes, Lionels and fly away collar shirts, reeking of Brut or Hai Karate.
Big piece of my mum's Bread Pudding, that kept us all fed all weekend , beers in the Beer Keller or Pavilion then off to cause havoc among the fleshpots of the Chelsea Village, Cardinale or the Outlook.
To quote Rod Stewart, 'Valentinos, all of us. My dad said we looked ridiculous,, but boy, we had some fun.'
The epic pre season friendly where the town was over run with Spurs, getting boats out mobbing the town and infamously stealing a bus late at night. Yes, that really happened!
But that was yesterday, when I wore a younger man's clothes.
I once owned a pair of platform shoes. I looked like Lurch and was completely disorientated wearing them.
I don't know how women get on with high heels.
Wore them once then donated them to my brother who was a bit shorter than me and got on with them OK.

Wilkommen...

Lol. I follow another team from another sport whos won 6 championships since 2001 and their message board is nothing but the sky is falling, even during the title years. I check that forum each hour still. So guess Im a sucker for these things!
You've come to the right place.....

I once owned a pair of platform shoes. I looked like Lurch and was completely disorientated wearing them.
I don't know how women get on with high heels.
Wore them once then donated them to my brother who was a bit shorter than me and got on with them OK.
Bay City Rollers.......

Can we count these as trophies? Asking for a bald, short geezer in North London.

Back
Top Bottom