Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't say there are that many unsold - all of nine in the whole of the Park Lane, about 500 in the Paxton, maybe 40 in the West and about 100 in the East? All in the corners too. I wouldn't say we've done too bad if 35,000 turn up for a Wednesday night league cup game in mid-December when everyone's broke. I'd like us to be selling out these games but it's not always going to happen.
Meanwhile Newcastle have sold 4200 away tickets for this despite the fact that the last train back to Newcastle leaves Kings Cross at 10:00 (i.e. not possible). Granted, quite a few of those may be 'ex-pat' Geordies living down south, but still... puts us to shame a bit, especially when tickets are only £25.

Lloris

Rose
Kaboul
Dier
Naughton (I suppose)

Stambouli
Capoue

Townsend
Paulinho
Lennon

Soldado

Injuries permitting…This isn't my chosen line-up, it's how I think we'll line up.

Couldn't agree more - we should try to win EVERY cup competition we're in, I want us to win trophies not just qualify for the Champions League - something we're never going to win in a million years. It really pisses me off that everything comes down to just qualifying for the CL, at the expense of competing in cup competitions which we have much more of a chance of actually winning!
Brilliant post, this chasing the rainbow of the CL gold rather than actual silverware pisses me off big-time. I want us to win something and this cup is eminently winnable. Beat Toon and who knows we might be favourites by the time the final comes around.

Great news that Naughton is available again. I suspect that Walker will need to be rested for this game, and Kyle is our second best RB and I'd have no worries if he plays.

Great news that Naughton is available again. .
syAd53J.gif

Naughton, Kaboul, Dier & Rose

Nothing to worry about there if they get picked. :kaboullol:

Is Dos Santos or Jonathan Blondel fit ? :gio:

Meanwhile Newcastle have sold 4200 away tickets for this despite the fact that the last train back to Newcastle leaves Kings Cross at 10:00 (i.e. not possible). Granted, quite a few of those may be 'ex-pat' Geordies living down south, but still... puts us to shame a bit, especially when tickets are only £25.

....yeah, and 4199 of them will be topless...
The oother wun, mun, will be uh Burd like, an'she dun wanna geet 'er teeties oot fer Th'aw'ay the Lads!

Don't want to see the likes of Paulinho and Kaboul going through the motions in this. This really is a big game.
Naughton in for Walker and Stambouli in for Mason are about the only changes I'd make.
Possibly start Chadli over Lamela. Or both and Push Kane up top benching Soldado.

Bullshit that beIN Sports is not playing our match live and instead is showing Bournemouth vs Liverpool, which is obviously the less exciting of the two matches. So now I either get to watch a replay at 4:00 PM and try to stay off the internet for a few hours, or watch a shit stream and just rewatch the match when it's on TV. I know this sounds like a pretty petty thing to bitch about, but I took the afternoon off work for this!

Bullshit that beIN Sports is not playing our match live and instead is showing Bournemouth vs Liverpool, which is obviously the less exciting of the two matches. So now I either get to watch a replay at 4:00 PM and try to stay off the internet for a few hours, or watch a shit stream and just rewatch the match when it's on TV. I know this sounds like a pretty petty thing to bitch about, but I took the afternoon off work for this!
No, that's cool Benjy. I've got to drag my sorry arse over to the ground for the same reason. Modern football eh?

Back
Top Bottom