Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bullshit that beIN Sports is not playing our match live and instead is showing Bournemouth vs Liverpool, which is obviously the less exciting of the two matches. So now I either get to watch a replay at 4:00 PM and try to stay off the internet for a few hours, or watch a shit stream and just rewatch the match when it's on TV. I know this sounds like a pretty petty thing to bitch about, but I took the afternoon off work for this!

Surely there will be a half decent stream up?

I'm going to miss most of it because final exams, then work. These fucking midweek games kill me sometimes.

Surely there will be a half decent stream up?

I'm going to miss most of it because final exams, then work. These fucking midweek games kill me sometimes.

It's usually really easy for me to not check my phone while I'm at work cause I get zero signal here. But I don't want to watch a stream, just getting sick of them.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ham-crash-out-of-capital-one-cup-9930015.html

This made me cry in my cornflakes this morning.

Well it's very big of Poch to take the blame if we crash out tonight. That will really console me.

He's going to fuck this up isn't he? He's gonna do a Southampton on us and send out a weakened team, in the interests of 'rotation'. Well there will be plenty of Spurs greats spinning in their graves that's for sure. We are club built on the Cups, on winning things, on glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A win tonight, then get Sheffield Utd in the semi, smash them up then get Chelsea in the final. I was there when we did them at Wembley last time, anything can happen in one game. First, we just have to get at the barcodes tonight from the start and play with some attacking belief. We're at home, I just hope we play like that and the crowd get behind them. COYS

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ham-crash-out-of-capital-one-cup-9930015.html
He's going to fuck this up isn't he? He's gonna do a Southampton on us and send out a weakened team, in the interests of 'rotation'. Well there will be plenty of Spurs greats spinning in their graves that's for sure. We are club built on the Cups, on winning things, on glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck sake - this is what really pisses me off, this cup is our BIGGEST chance of silverware this season, so why don't we play our best team to maximise our chances of winning it?

Fuck sake - this is what really pisses me off, this cup is our BIGGEST chance of silverware this season, so why don't we play our best team to maximise our chances of winning it?
ABsooooolutely. I'll be furious if he throws this one away.
I never forgave Jol for losing us the Pool quarter final by fielding a weakened team when he said he'd play our strongest team.
I doubt I'll ever forgive Poch either.
Not that they care of course. But I care. Just one trophy this century, it's a disgrace.

Why is everyone getting so angry about Poch supposedly not going for the cup?

The squad hasn't been released so everyone needs to chill out! I'm sure he is planning to win tonight.
:pochsmirk:
Some of us are getting angry because of his comments, linked to what he did at Soton. The guy has 'previous', so it's quite likely at least, in light of his comments, he'll do it again.
I was really looking forward to this game, and a proper 'glory glory' Spurs night with 1882 singing us on to a famous Cup victory :coys:

Now this piss in my cornflakes story!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Some of us are getting angry because of his comments, linked to what he did at Soton. The guy has 'previous', so it's quite likely at least, in light of his comments, he'll do it again.
I was really looking forward to this game, and a proper 'glory glory' Spurs night with 1882 singing us on to a famous Cup victory :coys:

Considering we aren't doing the best, nor the worst, in the league this year I perosnally feel that he is going to go for a cup. Be it the Capital One, FA or Europa he will go for one of them. Given that this is the later stages of the cup all aspects would point towards him fielding a strong squad.

Have faith.....

(I hope this guy doen't make me look a complete tool later :pochlol:)

This cup is in the bag, they are etching Tottenham on it as we speak.

This made me cry in my cornflakes this morning.

Well it's very big of Poch to take the blame if we crash out tonight. That will really console me.

Seriously what do you want him to do if some of the players simply aren't fit enough for this match? Play them anyway? You read how much Eriksen and Kane were running around in the match against Swansea for example, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're not fit enough for tonight's match. These things happen, that's what rotation is for. I'm sure Poch will do his best to put out the best players at his disposal but if they need a rest it's not his fault.

Seriously what do you want him to do if some of the players simply aren't fit enough for this match? Play them anyway? You read how much Eriksen and Kane were running around in the match against Swansea for example, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're not fit enough for tonight's match. These things happen, that's what rotation is for. I'm sure Poch will do his best to put out the best players at his disposal but if they need a rest it's not his fault.
Finally someone else that is thinking the same way as me

Not going to be able to watch this as I've got work at 6.30am and the game starts at 6.45am... Absolutely shattered! Keep me updated lads. Hopefully we get the win! COYS!

Back
Top Bottom