Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While I agree with this, both Paulinho and Dembele should start over any of Everton's current healthy options in midfield, and they were still dominated today. No matter what any gulf in quality looks like at the time, I will always hesitate to look favorably upon a trip to St James'.

Fair but Everton are a legitimate top 6 six side with a quality and unimpaired midfield that has played together all year. Newcastle are playing a fullback and Victor Anita in CM. There is a massive difference in quality and it isn't our quality being great, it is Newcastle's being piss poor.

I really can't see us coming away from this game with anything less than 3 points, Ade should easily dominate their makeshift second string CB partnership and Dembele and Paulinho should have a field day in the middle if they play Anita and Santon there again. The only thing that could be our undoing would be another Krul worldie.

if sunderland can put 3 against the geordies in their home i can't see why we can't do the same and even more
newcastle looked dependant on Cabaye all season,as mentioned before unless krul has a spursy worldie we can get out with three points

Rather confident. Even though Newcastle have been our bogey team for years now and we never seem to get nothing from their manor as others have picked up on, I do expect something from this.

2dkd8jd.png

(The table above is out of date by one game)

Hope to see the same team as today, apart from maybe Sandro if match fit, for Bentaleb.

With no FA cup game to worry about on the w'end can see TS playing a largely unchanged team.
Questions could be asked if TS would give Aaron Lennon a rest given he looks jaded even though the game schedule has not been that heavy.
Given all Newc injury, suspension and non-cabaye issues we should win.

Lennon doesn't need a rest. Lennon needs to be dropped then locked in a room, strapped in a chair with toothpicks holding open his eyelids whilst DVDs of his 08/09 season are playing.

'Spurs fan, in peace'!!
Honestly, if I'd been dropped onto this site for the very first time this morning, I'd have a hard time working out if we'd won or lost yesterday!!!

It's Monday, and Spurs won on the same weekend that ArseAnal got a battering!!

It's not often we can 'revel' in such outcomes.... so enjoy it while it lasts.... 'cos it may not happen again for a while!! (unless/until WE beat THEM!)

Back
Top Bottom