Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Premier League Away Table 2013-14...

P441_zps17250449.png

Premier League 2013-14

What are the chances of Adebayor getting a rest and Soldado being given a chance to finally show everyone some of that clinical finishing we all know he's capable of?

Would like to see:
Lloris
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose
Bentaleb-Dembele
Lamela-Paulinho-Eriksen
Soldado

With Townsend for Lamela if he still isn't fit and Ade to come on and save the day if Soldado fails again.

What are the chances of Adebayor getting a rest and Soldado being given a chance to finally show everyone some of that clinical finishing we all know he's capable of?

Would like to see:
Lloris
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose
Bentaleb-Dembele
Lamela-Paulinho-Eriksen
Soldado

With Townsend for Lamela if he still isn't fit and Ade to come on and save the day if Soldado fails again.

No idea why Ade should be dropped as an experiment for Soldado..?

I do however think RS needs to be introduced into the games late on, so he at least has a chance to fight for his place back..

Last edited:
I think you're probably right - though I'm worried Ade could pick up an injury by a frustrated Toon-defender while he's vulnerable having played 2 games in short succession..
As long as Timmy is in charge Ade and Bentaleb will start every single game, mate - it's probably his little way of saying 'fuck you' to the system

No idea why Ade should be dropped as an experiment for Soldado..?

I do however thing RS needs to be introduced into the games late on, so he at least has a chance to fight for his place back..

Just to be clear, I'm in no way advocating "dropping" Ade, but everyone needs a rest now and then, especially when games come so close - and ESPECIALLY when we cannot afford an injury.

Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood has no fresh injury concerns for his side’s Premier League trip to Newcastle on Wednesday night.

Sandro (calf) and Vlad Chriches (back) remain sidelined and Sherwood also confirmed Erik Lamela has suffered a set-back in his recovery from a thigh strain and will also be missing.

Andros Townsend will be pushing for a start after returning from the bench in the win against Everton following a lay-off with a hamstring injury.

Provisional squad: Lloris, Friedel, Archer, Gomes, Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Rose, Fryers, Dembele, Capoue, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Chadli, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Soldado, Adebayor, Kane, Defoe.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Capoue
Paulinho Dembele
Townsend Adebayor Eriksen

Friedel Dawson Naughton Bentaleb Lennon Defoe Soldado
Really need to pick up the 3 points. Quite confident. COYS!

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Capoue
Paulinho Dembele
Townsend Adebayor Eriksen

Friedel Dawson Naughton Bentaleb Lennon Defoe Soldado
Really need to pick up the 3 points. Quite confident. COYS!
Bentaleb on theve bench? Where do you buy your drugs? :chadliwtf:

Back
Top Bottom