Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO this applies to both Sherwood and AVB. People act so odd about lineups before they've even played.

Still don't understand the Bentaleb hate.

It's not hate neccesarily. I think people (including me) just see that he is only 19 and has little expeirience and feel there are better players on the bench with more experience and ability as it stands right now who should be selected ahead of him in most games, or at least some games. I personally think what he does he does well enough, but he also makes too many mistakes giving possesion away and this is not made up for by something else he brings to the team to counter balance that negative.

IMO this applies to both Sherwood and AVB. People act so odd about lineups before they've even played.

Yeah but usually you rotate players into the position they are paid to play in!

The only thing I can think of is giving dembele a crack at his drifting past thing cutting in from wing, he has the ability to ghost into box from flank where he may get more room than crowded middle of park

Another unconvincing team for me. We struggled with width against Everton because Lennon didn't want to get involved and Eriksen is a central player.. So we change it and put Dembele out on the left whilst leaving Chadli and Townsend both on the bench.

Hoping he has the attributes to pull it off, he's a fantastic dribbler but can't recall him ever really crossing, and I doubt his confidence to cut inside and have a shot. We'll see. COME ON YOU YIDS!

Just knew Kaboul would take over from Dawson. @ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever must be having a meltdown of epic proportions!

No need to take personal pleasure in one of our most passionate players losing his place. A lot of critics who say the atmosphere has gone say that they are struggling to find players that they can identify with, or who show passion. Dawson is one the last of our "Old guard" or English spine players.

End of an era when he and Lennon leave. We'd just have 11 individuals playing for themselves IMO.

Or it could be the more likely option, a bit of rotation and rest for Daws, who im pretty sure has played a ridiculous amount of games this season.

No. I dont believe he is. Sandro, Capoue, Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Bentaleb are all adept.

Its because I think he has the physicality to make himself a real nuisance, because he plays some very smart touches and can clearly shoot/score. While he isnt your traditional #10 type, I think he has the tools to be really effective there. Soldado's only goal from open play came from a wonderful interchange and touch with Paulinho, for example

Way to make my attempt at a quick joke and jab at Dembele and Benteleb into a rational statement of Paulinho's inherent abilities. cunt.

From Betfair. Spot the impact of the team news. Predicted chance of winning based on odds down from around 45% to around 39%.
A1gtbJz.jpg

Fuck it, we'll do em anyway.

Back
Top Bottom