Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

feel if we was really at it we could of score 2 or 3 more today. solid display considering son and kane wasnt that great and we had emerson at RWB. everyone else was fucking quality.
With all due respect, Emerson had a great game today. I get that he sometimes isn't that great, but today wasn't one of those games. IMO, you have to give credit when it's due.

Any thoughts on Romeo Lavia from Saints? Seems like a massive talent at 18 years of age...
I’ve got a lot of time for Saints business plan of buying touted youngsters off top premier league clubs who can’t bring them through immediately. Think it’s very smart strategy.

They’ve done so well with KWP and Livramento and now looks like they’ve done it again with Lavia and Bazunu.

feel if we was really at it we could of score 2 or 3 more today. solid display considering son and kane wasnt that great and we had emerson at RWB. everyone else was fucking quality.

Emerson was good today..... You're clowning yourself by suggesting otherwise.

Great finish by Sess, 4-1 incoming. COYS.

GIF by LEGO Masters

With all due respect, Emerson had a great game today. I get that he sometimes isn't that great, but today wasn't one of those games. IMO, you have to give credit when it's due.
a great game is a little bit too far, he wasnt terrible but his quality in his end product is just nowhere near good enough. a player with actual quality in that position and we really punish teams. also thought his defending for their goal was pretty poor, sold himself to the ground and allowed the cross to come in too easily.

if spence lives up to the hype we will destroy teams. the wing backs get so much of the ball in dangerous positions, you need players with end product there though.

a great game is a little bit too far, he wasnt terrible but his quality in his end product is just nowhere near good enough. a player with actual quality in that position and we really punish teams. also thought his defending for their goal was pretty poor, sold himself to the ground and allowed the cross to come in too easily.

if spence lives up to the hype we will destroy teams. the wing backs get so much of the ball in dangerous positions, you need players with end product there though.
Emerson was excellent. He’s not good enough but really good today and i would rather see Doc gone than him

D
To think, there were people that were quite frustrated that no new signings started the game.

Excellent performance. Totally dominant from start to finish and completely picking up where we left off at the end of last season. Sessesgnon looked like a new man, hopefully spurred on by having competition in Perisic. Even Emerson put in a good performance, assist included.

Bentancur and Kulusevski by far our two best players today. How important have these two been for us since January!?

Roll on Chelsea.
Bentacuer was superb, absolute baller in the centre of the park. Kulu always brave on the ball

I think one of Son’s problems, so to speak, is that when he’s off it, it really shows. His touch and timing is just a little awry and then everything breaks down. He was misplacing passes today, which is evidence of rust.

He’ll be fine in a month or so.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

Son doesn't misplace passes. The ball goes where he wants it to go.

Am I right KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy ?

Oh my god. We win 4-1 and you're just abusing other posters. Jesus Christ.
Looks like he was antagonised first, but went nuclear in reaction.

So sweet we responded to the result yesterday by showing what a good result with a good performance looks like. Putting those up the road firmly in their place after thinking they'd put on a great performance. When in reality, they weren't impressive at all.

This is a load of cliche'd waffle tbh.

"End product"?

1 assist.
Big part in the OG.
Some good challenges.
Overall played his position well.

If Son & Kane were on song we'd have "punished" them with 6 or 7 goals against.

Trying to solely pin their goal on him is bogus...... Their guy did well to get the cross in and JWP still had a lot of work to do to beat Lloris.... Even more if PEH had tried to hold him up rather than jump for a header he was never gonna reach.

Excellent performance today , if you think back to last January when we signed Kulu and Bentancur the general apathy around these two coming in was quite alarming. Fast forward and you have to say they have become an integral part of the team. Both have been super acquisitions and Mr Paratici deserves a lot of credit for no only these two but the other signings he has instigated .Wonderful time to be a Spurs fan. COYS

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

Son doesn't misplace passes. The ball goes where he wants it to go.

Am I right KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy ?
He had 24/33 completed passes or 73% which was the exact same completion percentage as Kane (19/26)

Also had an assist and 4 key passes (most on our team) - not sure what's to complain about

Kulu was on another level today though with 92% completed passes

Back
Top Bottom