Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - Boxing Day Bonanza

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This shit is as patronising as fuck. The implicit suggestion is that Kane is without talent but is doing this all through good, old fashioned elbow grease. Fuck off. Ronaldo was a useless cunt when he broke into the scene. Those Man U scumbags rewrite history as if he arrived from Sporting and instantly ruled the Premier League. Bullshit. He was little more than a skinny lollipop, step over merchant who didn’t know when to pass or shoot. He had to work. So he did and because I worked on his game at Man U he became a world class cunt of a human at the same time. DEATH TO HIM AND HIS KIND.

Anyway, Kane has worked on his game but every other player wanting to realise his or her potential must also work.

Great result again today. I’m going back to trolling gooners, geordies, and everton fans on Twitter now. Hate the cunts.

Peace, goodwill, and glad tidings to all yids. WE ARE THE JEWS. WE HAVE WON THE BATTLE OF IDEAS, NOW FUCK OFF
giphy.gif

Edit - "skinny lollipop" - lol

Last edited:
The implication is that nobody ever picked out Kane as an anointed savior for Spurs as a youth player...Nash isn't saying that he is devoid of talent but that he worked hard and developed into a world class player without the fanfare that we see associated with other young players (and still largely doesn't get the recognition that he deserves for being such a phenomenal footballer). This is something that an unheralded, undersized basketball player that grew up in Canada, played at a small university, then became one of the greatest to ever play the game probably understands prettyyyyy well.

Not every comment is something to melt over.
You can also see why Kane gets such inspiration from Tom Brady...

That was without doubt the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced whilst watching Spurs.

Our mojo is starting to flow, some of the link-up between our front 4 today was beautiful, not sure I’ve seen us so silky. That same front 4 also ran their arses off too.

Obvious to pick Kane for MOTM but take out the record and it could have gone to Eriksen, Dele, Dier or Vertonghen who were all absolutely brilliant. What a fucking spine!!

Rose is edging his way back to form, his fitness is getting better but his touch and passing is still way off, but improved even during this one game.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Sanchez since he signed, today Long gave him a tough game, Long is an dirty bastard should have been booked several times today, especially in first half but Sánchez would have learned a lot from today’s game.

Mentions to Sissoko and Lamela who both were on the pace the second they came on, Lamela would appear to have gained a few yards of pace too. Sissoko was so quick to press the oppo today, won the ball and set us on our way, one lovely little spell of aggression too, when Southampton thought they’d get physical only to come up against him and a couple of other challenges from Aurier and I think Dier.

Been a good day hearing all our rivals getting salty as fuck about Kane, every single goal he scores is met with cries and bitterness.......no sweater sound.

Up the Spurs

Sorry mate, only just seen your reply.

If no one else told you, you need to go to Media (the first tab on the left of the top menu), then select "Open Acestream Content ID". Cut and paste the link into the box and then click "Play" or whatever at the bottom.

Not sure of the exact terms because my download was in Spanish.

Good luck next time round!
I got it in the end and managed most of the second half

Thanks - I'm good to go from now

always on the attack, never pause to consider you might actually be wrong.
why don't you try considering whether there might be a better way?

You attacked me Mick....."boring boring boring boring boring boring ............"

That's how your post started when you quoted mine.

I simply pointed out that five people found my post funny and not boring.
But yes, I attacked you.

So weird being a yid last couple of years.
I found myself seething we let in a a goal at 4-0 up today.
I was going ape shit when we conceded another at 5-1 up.
“ we spoilt it now” I thought. I had to give myself a slap for thinking it.
Are years of being dissapointed (Spursy) so ingrained that I/we have to find something to be pissed off about.

It’s not keeping clean sheets in a dominant victory now.

Fuck knows what it’s like for the Statler & Waldorf’s of the Paxton.
There must be therapists raking it in somewhere.

A very accomplished performance but only a testimonial crowd to see. Have you given up already?
57k a testimonial crowd. That’s an actual 57k in the stadium. Not tickets sold ( a Woolwich massage)
Liverpool had 52k. Was that a testimonial?
Have you given up on facts.
It’s a 90k stadium mate. Half full it will look empty but there will still be as many, if not more, than City would get at Home for the same fixture, on Boxing Day, televised.
The lower and middle tiers hold 51k.
It’ll be more than Woolwich get at home on Thursday. Not those fantasy figures they give where gaffs half full and they get claim there were 57k .

I’ve really enjoyed watching Sanchez since he signed, today Long gave him a tough game, Long is an dirty bastard should have been booked several times today, especially in first half but Sánchez would have learned a lot from today’s game.
Noticed that about Long, as well.

Why do Southampton have such dirty players up front?
:deledoubt:

Was a little surprised we didn't see a red for any of their players as they got more wound up...

57k a testimonial crowd. That’s an actual 57k in the stadium. Not tickets sold ( a Woolwich massage)
Liverpool had 52k. Was that a testimonial?
Have you given up on facts.
It’s a 90k stadium mate. Half full it will look empty but there will still be as many, if not more, than City would get at Home for the same fixture, on Boxing Day, televised.
The lower and middle tiers hold 51k.
It’ll be more than Woolwich get at home on Thursday. Not those fantasy figures they give where gaffs half full and they get claim there were 57k .
Out of curiousity, I'd love to see the attendances that other teams could manage if they were in our situation (without flogging tickets for free). Think we'd compare quite favourably.

Perhaps we'll see how Chelsea fares in a couple of years. Will be even worse for them having to be at Wembley for multiple seasons. Christ.

So weird being a yid last couple of years.
I found myself seething we let in a a goal at 4-0 up today.
I was going ape shit when we conceded another at 5-1 up.
“ we spoilt it now” I thought. I had to give myself a slap for thinking it.
Are years of being dissapointed (Spursy) so ingrained that I/we have to find something to be pissed off about.

Being a proper Spurs supporter, when we conceded that goal to go 4-1 there was a voice in the back of my head going "OH NO, FUCK FUCK FUCK, SURELY WE CAN'T LOSE THIS NOW???"

:hugoshock::hugoshock::hugoshock:

Being a proper Spurs supporter, when we conceded that goal to go 4-1 there was a voice in the back of my head going "OH NO, FUCK FUCK FUCK, SURELY WE CAN'T LOSE THIS NOW???"

:hugoshock::hugoshock::hugoshock:
It's because we're damaged.

I remember the 5-1 semi win v Woolwich and only feeling reasonably comfortable when Steed I think, made it 5 with seconds left

I'm not a particular fan of, well, 'fan cams' - but Chris Cowlin's one from today is worth a flick through if anyone wants to look at the attendance from a fan's perspective.

Doesn't look so bad to me - so perhaps those in corporate are letting the side down in front of the cameras...

Don't be so obtuse.
You know exactly what I mean.

What the fuck is it with you and Arcspace?
You cry when I'm negative and cry when I'm positive.

Just fuck off the pair of you, I don't give a rats cunt for either of you, and Im not trying to be a better poster than either of you. I don't give a fuck when you quote me back talking about meltdowns and how rude and obtuse I am. Press disagree 1000000000 times, I do not care.

Just fuck off

Back
Top Bottom