Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't it strange - if we had won our two home games - NU and WH we would be joint leaders of the perm? This after the Arse and the Pool having great seasons. Doesn't make sense to me?
Its a point Ive made a number of times, this season has been about such fine margins.

I see it as a positive, Liverpool and Woolwich etc in the form of their lives and we are shite but hang on - 6 points the difference...

Its a point Ive made a number of times, this season has been about such fine margins.

I see it as a positive, Liverpool and Woolwich etc in the form of their lives and we are shite but hang on - 6 points the difference...

A pattern is building though. Everton will fade in the new year. As Monkey would say to Piggy. Their squad is too flimsy.

I can't see us above 5th.

A balance between Laborious and Reckless should see us play this next game. :ledleylick::sherwoodlol:

---------------------Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
-------------Dembele-Holtby
-----Lamela-Eriksen-Sigurdsson
----------------Adebayor

Siggy is a far too much of a passenger out there.

I'm going all cliché and just taking one game at a time...
we won today...
Therefore today is won!
I can do Christmas with a smile on my face... Boxing Day isn't even on my mind right now!

COYS...

Another point from today was the centre back pairing form pendulum o meter. We didn't play a high line, think TimSher went out purposefully and said not to press high just let the midfield come back and make those two banks of four and shuffle rather than press. The thing this did is leave Southampton the ability to pkay their high line and press us in our half, which absolutely killed Dembele and more worryingly Chiriches. He had no space to run witj the ball and since we were relatively deep he couldn't use his recovery speed to get back at players (mostly Llalana) needs to work on his reading of the game if hes going to challenge Vertonghen for that role alongside Dawson. Thought Dawson looked brilliant, probably one of his best games this season. As weak as he looks in a high line he's the bollocks when he's deep, visa versa with Chiriches.

Adebayor performing when he has a point to prove as usual, let's see how long he keeps up this level of performance, until then I will choose to remember his joke of a last season which means he's got a hell of a lot of making up to do yet. Today however was a good start.

It's incredible really. Everybody is talking like Spurs are a club in crisis, but we are 1 point better of at this stage compared to last season...and last season we achieved our record points haul since 1984-85 when we reached 77 points but that was in a 42 match season. In short we have never had it so good for nearly 30 years and we don't even f*cking realise it!

We are 6 points off the top of the table with 2 very winnable home games up next. We could start the New Year firmly back in the title race (albeit with a very tricky away trip to Old Trafford and a monster of an away FA Cup tie).

Come On You Spurs!

He's still a cunt. A good performance won't change my opinion of him as a person.

I don't blame you at all. Was just wondering since you seem to be a big supporter of Sherwood and his reintroduction of Ade has probably been his best move. Just curious on your thoughts. Not a challenge or nothing.

A pattern is building though. Everton will fade in the new year. As Monkey would say to Piggy. Their squad is too flimsy.

I can't see us above 5th.

I thought this too, but then, at Wigan, Martinez's forte was a ridiculous run of results in April/May to keep Wigan up. He knows how to close out a season. I think Everton are the real deal. Injuries could be very influential with them.

It's incredible really. Everybody is talking like Spurs are a club in crisis, but we are 1 point better of at this stage compared to last season...and last season we achieved our record points haul since 1984-85 when we reached 77 points but that was in a 42 match season. In short we have never had it so good for nearly 30 years and we don't even f*cking realise it!

We are 6 points off the top of the table with 2 very winnable home games up next. We could start the New Year firmly back in the title race (albeit with a very tricky away trip to Old Trafford and a monster of an away FA Cup tie).

Come On You Spurs!

Interestingly just looking at the table for that 1985 season it finished up Everton, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, So'ton, Chelsea, Woolwich as the top 7 in that order. Those 7 are all in today's top 9. That year Norwich, Sunderland and Stoke got relegated - 3 clubs all in a relegation battle again this year!

The team that year with the best away record...yes you've guessed it, it was us.

I thought this too, but then, at Wigan, Martinez's forte was a ridiculous run of results in April/May to keep Wigan up. He knows how to close out a season. I think Everton are the real deal. Injuries could be very influential with them.

I was thinking the same.

His Wigan were always a late deal, so with Everton doing okay right now, who knows what they might do.

I hate to say it, but it's the final sprint that gets the gold. Remember with HR when we were 10 points clear of 4th place - them fockers went on a great run of form....

I think the boring and goal-dry football has misrepresented the season so far, what with the sacking too, but I don't think the sacking was down to performance but the bigger picture...

Could have gone either way really, had a real kamikaze "lets go down swinging vibe"

All three goals had an element of luck in them and we are so so fragile at the back.

Thought rose, erikson and the new kid were good.

Siggy, soldado and chich not so.

Ade proving what an utter shitcunt he is.

What was lucky about the first goal???

It was sheer class..

Their keeper should have done better. As should their defenders really.

As sweet a cross as it was, Andy Gray (spit) was right (pokes myself in the eye) - the ball came from so far away they really should have dealt with it

Back
Top Bottom