Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the Score Adebayor....

Bbi1idRIAAAGciR.jpg

:adegrin2:

Adkins
Yakin De Boer Pochettino
Hiddink Capello Sherwood Laudrup
Hoddle
Ferdinand Klinsmann
Subs: Benitez, Bielsa, Rijkaard, Di Matteo, Spalletti, Zola, Solskjaer

Manager: Andros Townsend

9-4 win, Soldado with all of them

Really not impressed with the selection or set up again.

Absolutely delighted with the result. 6 points off top at Christmas? Great position.

Once again we had virtually no defensive awareness through the team, leaving the back 5 badly exposed. SCBC are in a poor run of form and still put two past us and looked liked cutting through our team at will. Better teams will severely punish us if we continue like this.

Adebayor was sensational.

I thought we started like it was a playground game, lots of running and intent but little coherence and quality. That did improve over the game, and I think goes to show AVB was the sticking point with our attack. By the end things looked pretty good in an attacking capacity.

Sherwood is gambling wildly with us at the moment IMO, throwing caution to the wind and its a dangerous game to play. Throwing Bentaleb on for example, what the hell was that? Credit to the lad he did very well, but with Capoue and Holtby on the bench (should have started IMO) it was a bizarre decision.

It was better than West Ham, but equally concerning in some respects.

Some of you are delighted to have "old Spurs" back. Im not. While I enjoyed scoring 3 goals and going at the opponent I did not like having my heart in my mouth everytime they got the ball, just as I did not like having zero faith in our defense, our capacity to hold the ball or close the game out. This was mid 90s Spurs, where we were essentially shit but had a decent attack and so our only hope was to outscore the other team and to hell with the rest.

Adebayor performance today. Absolutely magnificent

Easily the best individual performance by a Spur on the season

And I have to say a bit of an indictment of the former manager

After reading this match thread i've come to the conclusion that nothing anyone could ever do will ever be enough for Spurs fans.
Never happy. Miserable cunts.

"Oh, im not happy about conceding 2 goals. We looked pants at the back" GTFO

Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom