Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you bloody kidding me?. We aren't playing against sunderland. this is SOUTHAMPTON.A team who play a high line and like to control their games.Their midfield will wipe out this nonsense formation /line up sherclown has come up with.Zero respect for the opposition,no defensive cover in midfield. No back tracking from soldado,Eriksen and Lamela.If dembele does not turn up today then it is simply suicidal.

That's the way, nice and possitive..

I thought the team he named had a good feel for it... I assume the CM was only THAT CM 'cos Sandro was injured...?
Soldado could've had a hat-trick, so not sure if that's a good thing or not... as he set up Ade for a corker, but then missed plenty of chances to kill it off, and give us all more of a chance of making it through Christmas alive!!

....and for any remaining Ade haters... YES he played for THEM... but now he plays for US... and has now scored for US to win US a game... that's gotta count for summit, surely?
Give the guy a break... he's SPURS he is... until he leaves!

A glimmer of hope from today... which is more than we had at about 10pm last Wednesday!

Last edited:
Lloris was a shambles today. Second goal was such a mess. No need for him to come so far off his line. He didn't have a prayer of getting the ball from Lallana. Punched the ball numerous times instead of grabbing it. I think we should try Lamela at CAM with Eriksen deeper. Eriksen seemed to like the deep role. Eriksen Dembele and Holtby in midfield would be a delicious proposition, granted not very defensively minded.

The beauty of Lloris is he makes a mistake but he doesn't let it effect him. I thought he had a decent game. made an error but as long as he stays good.

A balance between Laborious and Reckless should see us play this next game. :ledleylick::sherwoodlol:

---------------------Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
-------------Dembele-Holtby
-----Lamela-Eriksen-Sigurdsson
----------------Adebayor

Siggy is a far too much of a passenger out there.

everybody slags ade off for his goals from last season but to be fair to the guy the season before he was getting service from the likes of lennon and bale on the wings and vdv and modric through the middle. Last season he had to sit back and watch the bale show because what the fuck kind of service do you expect when bale has a crack 9 out of 10 times he gets the ball and you no longer have modric and vdv pulling the strings in the middle.
With the potential our current squad has he could quite easily get back to scoring ways with service from lennon/lamela/townsend/chadli on the wings and the likes of erikson/holtby/dembele through the middle.
And the same rings true for soldado.

Oh to compliment the first post - if we are serious about wanting to play the Spurs way, the key to the rest of the season are getting Holtby, Eriksen and Lamela involved, mayhaps not always all 3 but most time at least 2 of them.

Sherwood was just taking the piss with Siggy and Dembele in CM, WTF was that? Graham'esque.

Got a feeling theres gonna be a total fuck load of goals in this. If theres ever a time for our new boys to rise to the occasion then its now.

Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen........step the fuck up.

none of these are gonna get a minute are they

Fuck yeah.
tumblr_mvnuvf8Ory1sqzs3uo1_400.gif

Thought Eriksen was a very impressive unsung hero today. Was worried when i saw him start in a two man midfield however his work rate and willingness to tackle was superb. Also very composed on the ball and got us out of a few sticky situations with a simple ball. He's been a huge loss over the last month or two.

11 v 11- the best 11 won today. As for formations, not sure what to think?
We need players to return quickly.

Agreed. A healthy Vertonghen and Sandro will help us loads.

Sherwood said postgame he doesn't want any new players at the club. I personally think if we want to play two up top we need another striker just for depth purposes. Plus a LB and a CB since Kaboul can't be relied on and Vlad and Vertonghen have had injury issues. Dawson also has career injury issues.

For me, his statement means we are going to see a lot more of the youth players. Coulthirst, Milos V, Bentelab, Fredericks etc. He knows and trusts those players. Plus, I think if possible that BAE and Tommy Carroll will be back in January.

I love Tom Carroll and hope he gets a run in the first team. He could make us tick.

If we play exactly how we played today, but swap Dembele for Sandro, and Vertonghen for Dawson (and maybe start Chadli/Lennon over Sigurdsson, but this is debatable because they play on different sides), I am genuinely excited.

Holtby LM? :avbnaa:

I know Sigurdsson isn't exactly playing wide, but Holtby would take away any of the width whatsoever we have out there.

I hope we play our 4-4-2 like City does. Not with out and out wingers but with creative floaters like Silva and Nasri. Surely Holtby could succeed in a spot like that.

Back
Top Bottom