Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't blame you at all. Was just wondering since you seem to be a big supporter of Sherwood and his reintroduction of Ade has probably been his best move. Just curious on your thoughts. Not a challenge or nothing.
yeah you're right it probably has been his best move so far as the last 2 games Ade's looked really up for it. & don't worry I didn't think it was pal

4-4-2. I said we would win. If nothing else, for the first time for 17 months we witnessed entertainment. I have no idea if TS is the man for the job, but at least we put men behind the ball going forward. Bloody hell though, we look shaky at the back

Could have gone either way really, had a real kamikaze "lets go down swinging vibe"

All three goals had an element of luck in them and we are so so fragile at the back.

Thought rose, erikson and the new kid were good.

Siggy, soldado and chich not so.

Ade proving what an utter shitcunt he is.

Fair points. Though I think the first goal was well worked not lucky. I'm hoping that the return of Sandro and Vertonghen will help us tighten it up in the back.

Sherwood is giving it a go which you have to respect. Really liked Eriksen today as well. I think he is key for us going forward. You like the 4-4-2?

4-4-2. I said we would win. If nothing else, for the first time for 17 months we witnessed entertainment. I have no idea if TS is the man for the job, but at least we put men behind the ball going forward. Bloody hell though, we look shaky at the back

If there was ever a game we were doomed to lose, this is it. If we are lucky we will only lose by a goal. Let's hope it's not a drubbing !!

Doesn't look like it...

Interestingly just looking at the table for that 1985 season it finished up Everton, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, So'ton, Chelsea, Woolwich as the top 7 in that order. Those 7 are all in today's top 9. That year Norwich, Sunderland and Stoke got relegated - 3 clubs all in a relegation battle again this year!

The team that year with the best away record...yes you've guessed it, it was us.

What an odd post. Are you suggesting Everton are going to win the league and we will come 3rd?

Take my word for it.

Man City
Chelsea
Woolwich
Man Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs,

My only question mark is the 4th/5th spot, which may be reversed. Have a bet on it, I am NEVER wrong

Their keeper should have done better. As should their defenders really.

As sweet a cross as it was, Andy Gray (spit) was right (pokes myself in the eye) - the ball came from so far away they really should have dealt with it

The same could be said for Lloris. He has become a liability. His positional play is crap, his kicking is embarrassing, and he is punching everything. Is Gomes coaching him ?

7b2a29dc8513d3eea8c4218644bc5e1d.gif

I'm just grateful for the win, I don't mind admitting it but its been miserable these last couple of weeks and my long face would have put everybody off their mince pies. Onwards and upwards!

The same could be said for Lloris. He has become a liability. His positional play is crap, his kicking is embarrassing, and he is punching everything. Is Gomes coaching him ?
Is there anything in life that makes you happy? Do you ever go to bed at night with a smile on your face and think to yourself, "Today was a good day"?

Positives:

ADE!
Soldado
Eriksen
Bentaleb
Our sheer verve and energy

Negatives:
Dawson & Vlad - torn to pieces
Dembele
Lamela (seriously didn't do a thing right)
Sherwoods attempt at playing inverted wide midfielders - WTF
Our sheer lack of cohesion
The lack of impact from our fullbacks
Another costly Lloris error

Great result but performance very dodgy, we could as well have lost 5-2. No corner turned, definately.

Seeing the players look so lively and bright now scares me though. How the hell can they just switch off playing for one manager and then switch on playing for the next? Aren't they supposed to be professionals?

Back
Top Bottom