Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Story of my life.

As our squad isn't really set up for 442 these days, I can see anything other than our usual 4231, but with width instead of cutting inside regularly (easily done now Townsend is out for a while).

Assuming Sandro is out and Paulinho's suspension is upheld.

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Dawson Rose
Capoue Dembele
Lennon Sigg Chadli
Soldado​

I would like to see us pass and move rather than rush-and-stumble, just running the ball into dead ends.

Therefor my suggested team is

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Dawson Rose
Capoue Holtby
Lennon Eriksen Chadli
Soldado
If Vertonghen or Kaboul are fit, they replace Dawson.

Bench: Friedel, Fryers, Lamela, Adebayor, Defoe, Dembele, Townsend.

Still a strong team and a very strong bench. It's just the form, the moral and the sheer cohesion that is the problem.

I'd be happy to take a goal rich draw. The ones scored meaning we CAN score, the ones conceeded hopefully a picture of us being able to take chances and attack with confidence.

----------------Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Dawson-Rose
----Dembele-Holtby-Capoue
---Lamela-Eriksen-Sigurdsson

NO STRIKERS :freundgoal::eriksenlol:FALSE9
People may laugh at you, but some of his best performances were in the Eresdivision playing as false #9.

Still I want both of Soldado and Adebayor to play at some stage.

Oh to compliment the first post - if we are serious about wanting to play the Spurs way, the key to the rest of the season are getting Holtby, Eriksen and Lamela involved, mayhaps not always all 3 but most time at least 2 of them.

Sherwood was just taking the piss with Siggy and Dembele in CM, WTF was that? Graham'esque.

Manager: Friedel

------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker Capoue Chirches Rose
-------------Holtby Sig------------------
Lemela-----Eriksen-----Lennon
--------------:adeninja:---------------

The Saints seem pretty injury-stricken...
Many in Southampton’s squad are still waiting for a hospital bed, with Artur Boruc (hand), Victor Wanyama (leg), Danny Fox (hamstring), Kelvin Davis (37-year-old’s back), Guly do Prado (bloaty head), and Nathaniel Clyne (pelvis) all unavailable. But Morgan Schneiderlin is back to boss the midfield.
... hopefully it gives us a better chance to win.

As for us,
Losing Townsend is a real blow, but Tottenham do at least have something resembling a defence again after four of the back-line were absent for the 5-0 defeat against Liverpool. Vlad Chiriches and Danny Rose return, but Younes Kaboul remains on the treatment table and Jan Vertonghen’s blood is still in the washing machine. Sandro is injured, Paulinho suspended and Harry Kane unable.

... I'd go for:

(Edit: just realized Daws is available...)
Lloris
Walker - Daws - Vlad - Rose
Dembele - Capoue
Lennon - Eriksen/Holtby - Lamela
Soldado​

(Even a 442 with Soldado - Ade will do, in place of Eriksen. Though, I'd rather see this as a plan B in the game)

Last edited:
The Saints seem pretty injury-stricken...

... hopefully it gives us a better chance to win.

As for us,

... I'd go for:

(Edit: just realized Daws is available...)
Lloris
Walker - Daws - Vlad - Rose
Dembele - Capoue
Lennon - Eriksen/Holtby - Lamela
Soldado​

(Even a 442 with Soldado - Ade will do, in place of Eriksen. Though, I'd rather see this as a plan B in the game)

I like this but would opt for Dawson in for Dembele and move Capoue to te middle.

Won't happen tho. My only hope is that Defoe's played himself out of contention

Never mind the team, I wonder what manager formation Levy will pick for the next game was thinking:

Sherwood & Ferdinand - First 45mins, then Freund can come off bench if needed second half if either dont look up to it - how's that?

:avbshit::freundgoal:

If Kaboul is fit? 5-1-2-2. If Not! 4-1-3-2

Walker, Daws, Kaboul, Chiriches, Rose (5) No Kaboul (4)

Capoue (1)

Eriksen, Lamela (2) or (3) Holtby

Ade, Soldado (2)

5-1-2-2.
Width from Walker, Rose. Playing the wing-back role to the max, nice combinations with Eriksen and Lamela! Capoue sits and protects! Ade slightly deeper than Soldado. Holds up ball for Lamela or knock-on's and touches for Soldado.

4-1-3-2.
Capoue stays. Width still from Walker and Rose, just more selective. Lamela free role. Eriksen/Holtby a progressive, quicker tempo central Mf pair than previous. Still Ade that little bit deeper doing the same job but when we come through the middle, either Lamela Eriksen or Holtby making the runs. If Eriksen/Holtby. Then Lamela stretches the the play with Capoue pushing up fills the space along side the sitter, Holtby or Eriksen!

Spurs 4. Southampton 1:gallashmm:

Back
Top Bottom