Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought the team he named had a good feel for it... I assume the CM was only THAT CM 'cos Sandro was injured...?
Soldado could've had a hat-trick, so not sure if that's a good thing or not... as he set up Ade for a corker, but then missed plenty of chances to kill it off, and give us all more of a chance of making it through Christmas alive!!

....and for any remaining Ade haters... YES he played for THEM... but now he plays for US... and has now scored for US to win US a game... that's gotta count for summit, surely?
Give the guy a break... he's SPURS he is... until he leaves!

A glimmer of hope from today... which is more than we had at about 10pm last Wednesday!

Last edited:
@ Admin Admin , that's gotta be a Walker smiley!

Does it work that well on it's own?

idjg.jpg

I think there wasn't much melt about that. Questions raised about some of his excessive boxing and sometimes running out when it isn't necessary.
It's a bit worrying that he looked increasingly shaky in his performances recently. Regardless, he is a great GK and he will probably get his act together soon

Lloris was a shambles today. Second goal was such a mess. No need for him to come so far off his line. He didn't have a prayer of getting the ball from Lallana. Punched the ball numerous times instead of grabbing it. I think we should try Lamela at CAM with Eriksen deeper. Eriksen seemed to like the deep role. Eriksen Dembele and Holtby in midfield would be a delicious proposition, granted not very defensively minded.

Lloris was a shambles today. Second goal was such a mess. No need for him to come so far off his line. He didn't have a prayer of getting the ball from Lallana. Punched the ball numerous times instead of grabbing it. I think we should try Lamela at CAM with Eriksen deeper. Eriksen seemed to like the deep role. Eriksen Dembele and Holtby in midfield would be a delicious proposition, granted not very defensively minded.
He has had a big bang on the head, must take time to get over I suppose! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The beauty of Lloris is he makes a mistake but he doesn't let it effect him. I thought he had a decent game. made an error but as long as he stays good.

Adebayor performance today. Absolutely magnificent

Easily the best individual performance by a Spur on the season

And I have to say a bit of an indictment of the former manager

I think we have just seen first hand like AVB another technical manager in Poch who doesn't really seem to have a plan B
Frankly AVB and Pochettino are quite similar. Southampton had more possession today, used a high line and just like you said, did not seem to have a plan B. I thought Pochettino could be a decent option for our bench, but i don't think i want him anymore

11 v 11- the best 11 won today. As for formations, not sure what to think?
We need players to return quickly.

Agreed. A healthy Vertonghen and Sandro will help us loads.

Sherwood said postgame he doesn't want any new players at the club. I personally think if we want to play two up top we need another striker just for depth purposes. Plus a LB and a CB since Kaboul can't be relied on and Vlad and Vertonghen have had injury issues. Dawson also has career injury issues.

For me, his statement means we are going to see a lot more of the youth players. Coulthirst, Milos V, Bentelab, Fredericks etc. He knows and trusts those players. Plus, I think if possible that BAE and Tommy Carroll will be back in January.

I love Tom Carroll and hope he gets a run in the first team. He could make us tick.

If we play exactly how we played today, but swap Dembele for Sandro, and Vertonghen for Dawson (and maybe start Chadli/Lennon over Sigurdsson, but this is debatable because they play on different sides), I am genuinely excited.

From the man who didnt pay tax to the King of Sherwood - Lets ignore the other insignificant bloke in the middle

Back
Top Bottom